Search results

1. T

Compiling Teensy Sketches with VisualCode (Win10)

Thanks, works 100% on my PC.
  2. T

Thanks, I'll try it out. Where do I find the compiled version of v1.1.1? (The link to "latest release" in the Quick Start Guide still points to v1.0.0)
  3. T

VisualTeensy, TeensyDebug and Audio

I tried TeensyDebug on PlatformIO. All tests done with PlatformIO 5.1.1. Got the following results: 1. Teensy Platform 4.13.0 (based on Teensyduino 1.54): Debugging does not work, program does not start. Same problem I had previously. 2. Teensy Platform 4.12.0 (based on Teensyduino 1.53)...
  4. T

Teensy Call Stack

I looked into this a little bit more. I read the stack pointer using __get_MSP() in .\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\cmsis_gcc.h . I think it works, the values looked believable :) But then you have to interpret the stack to extract the function call return addresses, looks like. I didn't go...
  5. T

Sorry yes I did include Arduino.h when using VS Code. But now I'm back to Teensyduino, still get the same result. I definitely got the debugging to work (sort-of) before so I'm not sure what changed. Thanks for your feedback in any case - at least it proves the problem is repeatable. (Or we're...
  6. T

Teensy Call Stack

I'm struggling to get TeensyDebug running. (see https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/67867-VisualTeensy-TeensyDebug-and-Audio if you're interested. The title says "VisualTeensy" but I'm actually back to Teensyduino, just to reduce the unknowns. Still can't get it to work.) So, as a work-around -...
  7. T

Sigh. Now I get the same problem even when removing ALL the #include's except TeensyDebug. I can swear it worked earlier. Maybe I forgot something in the re-install? Maybe its a sign to give up on the debugger, for me in any case.
  8. T

Audio library: uninitialized variables

When I re-compile my project I get the following warnings: .\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\biquad.h: In function 'void getCoefficients(T*, BiquadType, double, double, double, double, bool) [with T = float]': .\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\biquad.h:131:2: warning: 'a2' may be used...
  9. T

Using GDB with Teensy without hardware debugger, first Beta

My problem wasn't caused by TeensyDebug - I just had to move the declaration of GDB_DUAL_SERIAL to the correct place (i.e. the makefile). So I don't think you need to add anything to the README, thanks. BUT...I'm having trouble using TeensyDebug along with the Audio library. Has anybody ever...
  10. T

I've re-installed everything, and now it doesn't even work on Teensyduino. So its probably not a VisualTeensy-specific issue? Has anybody been able to use TeensyDebug along with the Audio library, at all? If I try that the program just doesn't seem to start. I've simplified the example code...
  11. T

Sure, see the end of this post. It is then the makefile as generated by VisualTeensy. I compared the commands that Teensyduino and VS Code used to compile my .cpp files - as far as I could see they used identical options. Not sure about linking etc...
  12. T

OK thanks! I think it will make it more intuitive for new users. I am also having a bit of trouble getting VisualTeensy, TeensyDebug and the Audio library to play together. It would be great if you could take a quick look at: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/67867-VisualTeensy-TeensyDebug-and-Audio
  13. T

I'm struggling to get TeensyDebug to work with the Audio library, from within a VisualTeensy VS Code project. If I compile the exact same code inside Teensyduino it does work as expected. The code: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SerialFlash.h>...
  14. T

I think my problem was caused by the following: I'm using Visual Studio Code with a makefile project (created with VisualTeensy) To get the debugging going I declared GDB_DUAL_SERIAL at the top of my main file. After moving it to the makefile things are looking better. So thanks for the help, it...
  15. T

After selecting "File->Save As" from VisualTeensy and creating the project - the default expectation (for me, in any case) would be that this new project is now opened in VisualTeensy. But this is not the case, VisualTeensy still has the "old" project open. I'd recommend that VisualTeensy...
  16. T

Teensyduino 1.54 Released

W.r.t. TeensyDebug: The debugger does not work for me using Arduino 1.8.15 and Teensyduino 1.54. See posts #93 and onwards of https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/61373-Using-GDB-with-Teensy-without-hardware-debugger-first-Beta/page4 But if I revert to Arduino 1.8.13 and Teensyduino 1.53 it works!
  17. T

jonr - thanks for the reply, but I get the same result with your program. Dead as a doornail as soon as I press the pushbutton, and no serial port available to connect to. What version of Teensyduino are you using? I reverted back to Arduino 1.8.13 and Teensyduino 1.53 - and then it works! So...
  18. T

Sorry yes forgot to mention: I'm using a Teensy 4.1 It looks like TeensyDuino 1.54 is fairly new - is TeensyDebug working for anybody else with these versions of TeensyDuino and Arduino?
  19. T

I'm new to Teensy so I installed Arduino 1.8.15 and Teensyduino 1.54 on my Windows 10 machine. I then installed TeensyDebug as per the instructions at https://github.com/ftrias/TeensyDebug . It seemed to install OK. If I compile & run an app with Tools->GDB set to "Off" then it runs 100%. But...
Back