Search results

1. C

Simple WORKING JTAG+UART for Teensy 4.1

Is it possible to use JTAG to program a blank iMXRT1062 MCU?
  2. C

Future Teensy features & pinout

Paul, maybe the donations from Teensy fans can help with the development of new teensy, if you consider this way. :D
  3. C

Can I use USB serial as normal for Teensy 4.0/4.1 without bootloader IC?

Paul, you are correct about my real question. I am definitely willing to buy your MKL02 chip to design my hardware products, and the price is totally fine with me. My concern is that someday your MKL02 IC for Teensy 4.x might be discontinued and I cannot buy it anywhere. But my products may last...
  4. C

I made a custom Teensy 4.0 recently. With Paul's bootloader IC, I can sucesessfully program. But after I disconnected the bootloader IC, the custom teensy just disappeared, neither as Com port or as USB bootloader device. When I connected the USB cable, nothing happened in the device manager of...
  5. C

Thanks for your useful reply. At the beginning, I successfully programed my custom teensy 4.0 with Paul's bootloader IC. After that, if I remove the bootloader IC, can the teensy MCU be recognize as USB Serial and run existing program?
  6. C

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  7. C

When I burn firmware to custom Teensy 4 MCU, I used the pre-programmed bootloader IC by Paul. After that, can I run my program as normal (such as USB serial, and everything else) if I remove the bootloader IC? Moreover, if I remove the bootloader IC, is there any way to burn the arduino .hex file?
  8. C

Guidance on feasibility of dual SPI MISO lines with Teensy

Hi Kurt, is there any luck on "two logical MISO pins on the same SPI bus"?
  9. C

Is it possible to use EZ-USB FX3 (USB 3.0 super speed) for Teensy 5.0?

I am not sure about Paul's plan on next generation of Teensy.;)
  10. C

Is it possible to use EZ-USB FX3 (USB 3.0 super speed) for Teensy 5.0?

I am wondering whether it is possible to use EZ-USB FX3 (USB 3.0 super speed = 5 Gbps) for Teensy 5.0? Such super USB speed is very useful in many applications. Here is the specs of the FX3 chip: https://www.cypress.com/products/ez-usb-fx3-superspeed-usb-30-peripheral-controller?id=3526...
  11. C

Bootloader Chip For Teensy 4.0

Paul, in the future, do you have any plan to release SMD form of teensy so that it could be directly soldered on the other PCB like a IC? (Currently there are components on the back of Teensy so it is not possible to solder it on other PCBs directly). It is likely some companies will buy large...
  12. C

I only want my custom teensy to be at the same PCB as my other periphery ICs (such as high precision ADC, WiFi module and so on). I have bought teensy 4.0 and 4.1 board from PJRC, but soldering teensy board from PJRC on my PCB might not be a good idea for high-volume products.
  13. C

Hi Paul, is it possible to share the custom Teensy IMXRT1062 schematic and PCB file? So that everyone else does not need to repeat the same work of design our custom teensy 4 board. Given that the IMXRT1062 package is BGA, making the schematic and laying out the board takes much time. And it is...
  14. C

+1 waiting for good news from Paul about the new bootloader.
  15. C

Still waiting for Paul for the bootloader chip of Teensy 4.0 for sell. :D
  16. C

SPI.transfer hangs in Teensy 4.0 but works good in Teensy 3.2

I already called SPI.begin() to initialize the SPI bus.
  17. C

SPI.transfer hangs in Teensy 4.0 but works good in Teensy 3.2

Recently I moved my old code from Teensy 3.2 to 4.0, and found out that the same code works perfectly in T3.2, but hangs in T4.0. void send_cmd(uint8_t cmd) { SPI.beginTransaction(SPISettings(4000000, MSBFIRST, SPI_MODE1)); digitalWriteFast(PIN_ADS_CS, LOW); delayMicroseconds(10)...
  18. C

Teensy 3.1 not working with Arduino Wifi101 shield

Yes, they are using SPI transactions you contributed to Arduino world. The reason why I like Teensy so much is because you made powerful functions so easy to use.:) Although the SPI send is working, for example, I can use Wifi.beginAP("WINC1500") to create a new network successfully, the SPI...
  19. C

Also, I found that there is a bus wrapper for samd21 in the path (WiFi101\src\bus_wrapper\source\nm_bus_wrapper_samd21.cpp), is it necessary to make a new wrapper to make the library work with Teensy? Thanks.
  20. C

I am pretty sure I made right connections between Teensy and the Wifi shield. Since only the SPI read part was not working, I wonder whether it is the incompacity of the SPI driver caused the problem. I checked that the Wifi101 library used the following driver (WiFi101\src\driver\source\nmspi.h...
  21. C

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Paul. I tested your file and the library was compiled successfully. It is big help for me. The Wifi101 shield uses SPI to communicate with Arduino. I was able to get Teensy to send SPI commands to the shield successfully. However, Teensy failed to receive...
  22. C

The official Arduino Wifi101 shield works great on Arduino Uno, Zero or Due. But when I chose the board to be Teensy 3.1, the library was compile with many different errors (many related with the driver). The Wifi101 library was here: https://github.com/arduino-libraries/WiFi101. Is it possible...
  23. C

Difference between blluetooth data rate and UART baud rate

I am working on high-speed data transfer by bluetooth. As far as I know, the maximal data rate of bluetooth 2.1 EDR is 3 mbps. But the maximal UART baud rate is only 1382400 for the corresponding serial bluetooth module (such as HC-05). I wonder whether it is possible for the baud rate to reach...
  24. C

SPI Flash: Radom errors during repeated read back

I used Paul's SPIFlash library to write and read back data from Winbond W25Q128FV SPI flash. I stored one full cycle of a 8-Hz sine wave at a sampling rate of 48000Hz to the flash. When I read back the one-cycle sine wave repeatedly, I found radom errors for the read-back data. The errors...
  25. C

Can Audio library be extended to 32 bit?

I will try this week. Paul, have you tried if the I2S clocks are provided by the audio codec? So that teensy only needs to feed and fetch data sample in response to the clocks.
  26. C

Thanks for your quick reply, Paul. I read through the thread you suggested. For the hardware, whollender's design is great: https://github.com/whollender/SuperAudioBoard. For the software in Teensy to support 24-bit, I only found nodae's experimental source...
  27. C

In my project, only 24 bit audio streaming to and from the codec are required, no processing of the audio samples are needed.
  28. C

I checked Paul's audio library for I2S audio input and output: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/blob/master/output_i2s.cpp. Right now the input or output audio samples are type of int16_t. Can we made slight changes so that the I2S DMA can deal with int32_t data? What I would like to do...
  29. C

Using Teensy 3.1 with 24 Bit I2S Audio Codec

Paul, do you think you will design a more powerful teensy in the future, in addition to the teensy-LC? The cost is not my concern.
  30. C

Thanks for the tips. I found that the 24-bit audio from CS4271 (pin compatible with CS4272) has been implemented in Arduino Due here: https://github.com/delsauce/ArduinoDueHiFi/blob/master/examples/Passthrough/Passthrough.ino, but I don't know whether it is possible to revised the code to use...
  31. C

The official audio library by Paul is 16 bit. I would like to use Teensy 3.1 with 24 Bit I2S Audio Codec (CS4272). What I need is to stream 24 bit data between Teensy and the codec via I2S (Teensy as master), no further processing is necessary. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Back