Search results

1. A

using timers for signal generation?

I am looking for a tutorial for using the timers in Teensy. I currently have a teensy 2.0 but, will likely buy a 4.0 soon. I want to use the Teensy to generate various clock signals, for testing some pcbs. Rather than buy a dedicated signal generator, I should be able to do this. Nothing too...
  2. A

Teensy 2.0 hi-Z outputs?

Awesome. Thx Paul.
  3. A

Teensy 2.0 hi-Z outputs?

jmarsh, Thx. That would work although I'd also like to change the output state during the runtime code, not the setup() section. Can pinMode() statements be used in the main loop() section?
  4. A

Teensy 2.0 hi-Z outputs?

I have a Teensy 2.0 I am using on a project and am using a few digital pins which I would like to program to one of three states depending on mode: Low, High, or Hi-Z. By Hi-Z, I mean high impedance (or open). Does the Teensy 2.0 support hi-Z outputs? I couldn't find anything on it. Thx.
  5. A

initializing output pin values at start of routine?

Awesome. Thanks. I wasn't sure if that was ok.
  6. A

initializing output pin values at start of routine?

A newbie question. I am writing a basic routine to control a stepper driver chip using my Teensy 2.0. I have several outputs which I want to initialize to a specific value (High or Low) just once at the beginning of my routine. I don't want to write the values each time I go through the main...
  7. A

Teensy 2.0 and Arduino

I am a newbie at this so I will now attempt to put together a few programs/sketches. Ths.
  8. A

Teensy 2.0 and Arduino

Nevermind. I found the info. I had to add the URL in preferences for finding the board info.
  9. A

Teensy 2.0 and Arduino

I am finally trying to use my Teensy 2.0 I bought awhile ago. I want to use the Arduino tool but, it does not show Teensy in any of the Boards it supports. I have Arduino 2.2.1 installed. Is Teensy still supported by Arduino? What do I do? Thx
  10. A

Teensy2.0 and two quad encoders?

Thanks Paul. I was afraid of that. I don't want to mess with the serial/BT interface so, I will try and run with 1 interrupt per encoder. I can always migrate to a Teensy 3.0 if I find I want to increase resolution. BTW, my encoder max rotation rate is about 0.5Hz, or about 1024 cnts/sec.
  11. A

Teensy2.0 and two quad encoders?

I am using a Teensy 2.0 to interface to two quadrature rotary encoders. Each encoder is 2048 CPR. Rotation rate is I'd like to use 2 interrupts for each encoder. However, the complication is that I also have a BT module which is connected up to the HW TR and RX pins (7 and 8). These are...
  12. A

dumb noob question on passing strings via serial UART

I have my BT module working now with my Teensy 2.0. I can pass individual characters, or bytes, across but I am not handling strings correctly. As a test, I want to send a character string via BT to serial UART, to the Teensy. How do I read strings from the serial port, not knowing ahead of...
  13. A

Bluetooth transceiver suggestions?

FYI ... I ended up buying this BT module: https://www.virtuabotix.com/product-information/?productid=609224531705#tabs2-tab I've powered it up and have successfuly paired it with my Nexus 7 tablet. So far so good. Next is to do a loop-back test, followed by interfacing it to my Teensy 2.0 module!
  14. A

serial tutorial not working

Nevermind. For some reason the USB serial driver wasn't loaded. I reran the Teensyduino install and now it's working!
  15. A

Ooops .. here is the code. void setup() { Serial.begin(38400); } void loop() { Serial.println("Hello World"); delay(1000); }
  16. A

Just go ta Teensy 2.0 and testing it on my WIN7 laptop. Using Teensyduino, I connected it up and have successfully run the LED blink tutorial so the module is functional and USB interface is working. However, i can't seem to get the serial tutorial to work. I get a COM1 screen, fo rmy serial...
  17. A

Bluetooth transceiver suggestions?

I just ordered the Teensy 2.0 to use for reading two rotary encoders. I want to be able to communicate to a Android tablet using Bluetooth. I'm thinking that I can get by with a low cost (< $15) Bluetooth transceiver module, pc mountable. I plan to layout a small pc board so a small...
Back