Search results

1. P

Adding more memory to Serial (0) for larger buffers

Hey I am wondering if there is a way to add extra memory to "Serial" zero for reading and writing just like the following for Serial1? (Yes I know it is very fast already and runs at 480Mbaud but every microsecond counts and I don't want to block waiting for writes if possible)...
  2. P

Best way to connect T4.1 To RPi5

using the standard libraries, how would someone run the usb port at its full 480Mbps speed, I assume "Serial.begin(480000000);" wouldn't work, I guess what I'm asking is how to actually set and use a 480Mbps USB connection on the teensy 4.1. Thank you. :)
  3. P

what would be involved in the receiving/replying of data on the Pi if the Teensy can only operate in "usb host mode"? likely some sort of "COM port" shenanigans I'm guessing? Thanks for your reply btw! :)
  4. P

Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone can give me some guidance/advice on the best way to create a high speed buffered data connection between a Teensy 4.1 and a raspberry Pi 5 (which would be running some sort of java program to listen for incoming data)? My thoughts were to use the Ethernet...
  5. P

FlexCAN_T4 buffer size increase so I can receive all messages

I ended up solving my problem, for some reason it only would fill up the first 4 mailboxes (even if I specified 64 of them!) so I got it to work by stuffing them into mail boxes manually: #ifndef CAN_DISPATCH_H #define CAN_DISPATCH_H #include "Structs.h" #include "Telemetry.h" #include...
  6. P

FlexCAN_T4 buffer size increase so I can receive all messages

Hello everyone, I have a pretty simple example of using the FlexCAN_T4, the only issue is I am missing CAN frames as it only will read 4 at a time and the rest go missing. I'm reading every 4 milliseconds, and receive 4-5 frames each time, it should be around 10-12 in my case. The only way I can...
  7. P

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Not sure if this is related directly to the new core but every couple hours I have started getting the error: "internal error in mingw32_gt_pch_use_address, at config/i386/host-mingw32.c:190: MapViewOfFileEx" during compilation, fixed by deleting all Arduino IDE temporary files. just thought I...
  8. P

using DMAMEM

Hey guys, I'm wondering why certain things dont seem to be able to be allocated to RAM2 instead of RAM1. My example being " DMAMEM RingBuf<FsFile, sizeof(DATA_LOGGER_FRAME) * 15> BUFFER; //Enough to store 60ms of data" produces error: "Compilation error: section attribute not allowed for...
  9. P

Just Wanted To Thank Paul For Building The Teensy 4.1

Just wanted to send a very heartfelt thank you to Paul for building the Teensy 4.1 microcontroller board. The context of this is my team just had our first successful test flight of our 4 tonne drone for fighting forest fires. The entire extremely complex machine uses every single feature of the...
  10. P

Non blocking writes to sd card

hey everyone, I'm trying to to make a data logger for a flight controller I'm working on. I will be buffering all data that needs to be stored on the sdcard and writing out chunks in multiples of sector size (512 bytes). What I am unsure about is whether the sdfat library uses non blocking dma...
  11. P

IntervalTimer calling function with parameters

Thank you so much, that was a very insightful and helpful explanation with an awesome example. Much appreciated!
  12. P

IntervalTimer calling function with parameters

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to pass a pointer to a struct into the callback function called by an interval timer. An example would be doing this: myTimer.begin(function, 1000); to myTimer.begin(function(BOB* bob), 1000); Thanks
  13. P

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

My flight controller running on the 4.1 works perfectly fine with the update, that includes everything from CAN to Serial to MICRO-SD to Pin Toggling to External PSRAM. All working very well so far!
Back