Search results

1. UHF

New 4.1 Out Of Package No USB Communication

Yes, ammonium hydroxide (plus the non-pure water it's dissolved in) will conduct. Use isopropanol and a toothbrush to clean off flux.
  2. UHF

SGTL5000 I2C issue?

Hello, can you provide a schematic so we can eliminate problems with the circuit.
  3. UHF

Teensy MicroMod PCB thickness increased

Sparkfun's answer is to send it back to Digikey. They're not going to address how or why it's happened (an obvious increase in board thickness done by their manufacturer). This underlines why I would trust a similar product from PJRC.
  4. UHF

Screwing the thicker MicroMod down requires more force and it's this that worries me. A T4 with no USB connector and button, would be smaller. Milling a hole to allow for components on the bottom side is a possibility? 1.27mm pitch allows for plenty of pins.
  5. UHF

I'm posting this here as well as the Sparkfun forum, because I feel I'll get more response here. Has anyone who regularly uses Teensy MicroMods noticed that some are difficult to push into the M.2 connector? I received one and measured its thickness. It is 1mm. Others are 0.8mm - this conforms...
  6. UHF

MIDI Library, Teensy 4.1 & Dodgy Old Synth! (DX7)

Does the DX7 respond to MIDI from another piece of equipment? Can you control it using the Reface CP? I'm wondering if your MIDI out circuit needs a buffer, usually two hex inverters in series. Your MIDI Thru box probably does something similar. The forty year-old PC900 optocoupler chip used in...
  7. UHF

Solutions for Erratic Potentiometers?

How many sliders are you using? Are they going through a multiplexer? Do they need some contact cleaner (IPA) on them?
  8. UHF

Micromod + Teensyduino firmware upload question

@CollinK - I'm using your code without any changes except to #define FLASH_SIZE (0x1000000) // 16MB and #define FLASH_RESERVE (64 * FLASH_SECTOR_SIZE) // reserve top of flash in FlashTxx.h, which was (wrongly?) 8MB I have the following output. The firmware is seen and read from...
  9. UHF

@CollinK - Thanks that's very useful.
  10. UHF

@houtson - Thanks very much, I'll take a look. @joepasquariello - Yes I'm using EEPROM emulation. I made the change and it's got this far: SDClass::setMediaDetectPin(27)SD card is connected target = fw_teensyMM (16384K flash in 4K sectors) created buffer = 15640K FLASH (6007A000 - 60FC0000)...
  11. UHF

Hello, is there somewhere I can ask questions? I'm getting the following: created buffer = 0K FLASH (60FFC000 - 60FFC000) ++++ Firmware update ++++ reading hex lines... abort - max address 60000010 too large I'm trying to flash a 1.2MB firmware file, I'm sure the 0K FLASH part is the problem!
  12. UHF

Thanks, that's interesting. Yes, I've got an SD card slot which can be checked at boot-up for a hex file and it can update itself. Better than getting users to install apps.
  13. UHF

Thanks very much. I would like this to be a feature on the Teensy Loader. I wish the Teensy platform was more geared towards finished products, rather than hobbyists and one-offs. I can put a button on my product and a 'firmware flash' hole, but if a change to the software can be made, that...
  14. UHF

Thanks for the reply. An end user of a product wanting to flash updated firmware using the Teensyduino loader, needs to access the Teensy to initiate the upload, unless using an IDE.
  15. UHF

Sorry if this is a silly question. Why do I always need to push a button or bridge the boot pad to ground when uploading a firmware hex file to a Teensy Micromod using the Teensyduino loader app, but it's automatic when using PlatformIO/Arduino IDE? Thanks.
  16. UHF

Buzzing sound in voice recordings for Teensy4.0

Can you provide pictures of the set-up and perhaps a link to a recording. Often the noise source can be identified by it's sound.
  17. UHF

Buzzing sound in voice recordings for Teensy4.0

Are you powering the Teensy via USB from a computer? If so, try a powerbank.
  18. UHF

MIDI bar/beat Sync

Hello, I'm doing the same thing, calculating the time between MIDI clock messages to work out the tempo and no it's not greatly accurate. I believe VSTs get tempo information directly from their host (like Ableton etc) along with other a load of other information. They're not having to work it...
  19. UHF

The Machine

Sounds good, it'll be interesting to see it finished. The LEDs need something translucent to spread the light, but I guess the OLEDs will require cutouts.
  20. UHF

The Machine

Very intimidating! It's combining normal sequencing with generative? A massive PCB. Have you considered how the front panel will be made?
  21. UHF

New Teensy MicroMods defective

I would be very happy to buy Micromod-sized T4s with 1.27mm pitch castellations that I could solder onto PCBs myself before selling them on to customers. The convenience and quality control aspect of having the iMXRT IC plus memory and bootloader soldered for you and then an easily soldered...
  22. UHF

I would regard that still, as a disaster. No one has complained about T4.1s failing like this. I presume you're producing a product for customers, are you concerned about or have had failures in the field? I'm working on a synth using TMMs because I like the ease with which customers can buy and...
  23. UHF

TeensyTimerTool

Thanks very much.
  24. UHF

TeensyTimerTool

Hello, I'm trying to integrate some other code that uses TeensyTimerTool into my project that uses TeensyThreads. The thread code no longer gets called. The following demonstrates this: #include <Arduino.h> #include "TeensyThreads.h" #include "TeensyTimerTool.h" using namespace...
  25. UHF

Reading MIDI data from USB Host when plugged in and discarding

I think this is the problem. I run my synth via a USB isolator (to remove USB noise from the analogue audio) that drops some voltage. If I plug/unplug the Minilab, which is entirely USB powered, without the isolator it's fine. Time to get a better quality isolator! Yes, I'm using CrashReport...
  26. UHF

Again, thanks very much for your help. The intermittent crashing when plugging in must be some timing/threading/race condition? issue. Having USB debug info doesn't help, it crashes before anything comes out to Serial. I tried a digital piano that has a USB output and this is always fine, it's...
  27. UHF

Thanks very much for this. It works to ignore the CC data when plugging in and then takes CC data after. However, it's freezing and crashing when unplugging and plugging back in about 80% of the time - it's not consistent. The test code I'm using is: #include <MIDI.h> #include <USBHost_t36.h>...
  28. UHF

Yes I want CC messages. I don't want the messages that get sent by some MIDI controllers when they get plugged in and start up - they're irrelevant. Perhaps I should mention that I'm taking MIDI in from USB Host, USB Client and Serial (5 pin DIN). I'll try using a dedicated CC handler for USB...
  29. UHF

I'm using the callbacks. This approach doesn't work, there is data waiting on the buffer at the moment midi1.setHandleControlChange(...) is set. Also calling midi1.setHandleControlChange(...) again when the USB is plugged in again, crashes it. FLASHMEM void checkUSBHostStatus() { if (midi1...
  30. UHF

I have a Teensy-based synth and when my MIDI controller is plugged-in to the T4.1 USB Host, it automatically sends several CC data messages that I want to ignore as it affects the settings on the synth. I can detect when the controller is plugged-in to the port but I can't see a way to read-off...
  31. UHF

AudioMixer4 output levels

Hello, let's say there are four dc inputs of value 1 with various gains on a AudioMixer4 object, which sum to 4.6. Will the output produce 4.6 or is the output limited between -1.0 and 1.0? Thanks.
  32. UHF

Reading buttons with 4067 multiplexer

A circuit problem, probably. Can you check the pins on your circuit, they seem to differ from the datasheet actually: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/IC/cd74hc4067.pdf 24 is Vcc and 12 is GND on the datasheet. The pinout on your circuit diagram is different?! Although you're using a...
  33. UHF

Reading buttons with 4067 multiplexer

This diagram looks fine. You are powering the CD74HC4067 with 5V but feeding it with 3V3 signals from Teensy on EN and S0-S3. Could this possibly not be enough? I wouldn't think so, but just a thought. Does this example in the MUX74HC4067 library work with your set-up...
  34. UHF

audio DAC PCM1502 output level

Ok, from the datasheet the max output is 2.1V rms, which is about 3V which will be 6V peak to peak. Yes, it's normal.
  35. UHF

audio DAC PCM1502 output level

How is that possible when the supply voltage is only 3V3?
  36. UHF

noise, ground plane, amp PAM8304, best practices ?

I would recommend sitting through this 2 hour long Rick Hartley video for both hobbyist and professional PCB designers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySuUZEjARPY. It is the some of the best advice on grounding (an essential feature of a PCB) and covers multi-layer boards too. I also like Phil...
  37. UHF

ILI9341 SPI and noise

Hello, I've made a couple of Teensy based synths. One with a ST7735 and I'm currently working on one with a ILI9341. Yes, the problem is your circuit board, which will radiate and pick-up the digital noise massively. I'm using a four layer PCB (one ground plane) professionally manufactured and...
  38. UHF

Making your own PCBS. The best way

You would be better off asking on EEVBlog forum, which has a larger and more diverse membership. You can probably get recommendations.
  39. UHF

USB interface for multi channel outputs, not just stereo

This is exactly what many people are looking for - a USB audio interface with multiple inputs (6+), preferably stereo in a small unit that doesn't cost over $400. This would sell very well in kit-form or complete.
  40. UHF

Teensy LC - USB MIDI - Adafruit_TLC59711 not working

I would recommend PlatformIO on Visual Studio Code
  41. UHF

Other than the issues, I think perhaps it's worth noting that these - Teensys, Micromods, Arduinos etc. are intended as development boards and some of us, myself included, are exploiting them to use in products. It is very convenient to use a Teensy or get an end user to to use one on a PCB...
  42. UHF

Micromods passing QC can still fail in service. I have two. One failed on my own PCB and then gradually failed on the ATP board - presumably small differences in the PCB bending. The other failed recently after being turned on and off daily for a year - again the bending of the PCB with perhaps...
  43. UHF

One minute with my cheap SMD hot air gun at 320C with some flux has revived it to fight another day (producing cool synth sounds hopefully...) I concentrated it on the MCU and masked the rest of the board with foil. The pin test program in this thread also shows all pins working. Yes it's board...
  44. UHF

9 Blinks = ARM JTAG DAP Init Error The ARM JTAG DAP was detected (4 blinks) but could not be initialized. This error is rather unlikely! Oh dear! Is this a problem with communication to the IMXRT IC or bootloader chip? The TeensyMM is a BGA chip on a comparatively small, thin PCB. Are...
  45. UHF

Sorry to resurrect this. I have a TeensyMM that had problems, I fixed it by blasting the top with a hot air gun which fixed it for a few months. It's failed again and blinks nine times over and over, and no USB recognition.Is the blinking a particular code? Thanks.
  46. UHF

Incremental encoder speed calculation

Encoders like this are digital, they're not noisy as such. Are you not doing any type of debouncing of the signal from the mechanical encoder switches in the code? You can implement a low pass filter as part of the design (see page 3 - https://www.bourns.com/docs/Product-Datasheets/PEC11R.pdf)...
  47. UHF

SGTL5000 shortages

The PCM5102A on small PCBs are ubiquitous and very good quality if you only require output. Get rid of AudioControlSGTL5000 sgtl5000; and the objects, and it should work without further modification.
  48. UHF

Here's a 6-voice Polyphonic Synth I built using a Teensy 3.5!

Impressive and rich sound. I'm surprised you got that much out of the T3.5. I couldn't hear obvious aliasing from the waves. I assume you don't have the MCU power to use the band-limited ones?
  49. UHF

WebGui for Teensy 4.1

Ok, I'm intrigued. It looks like a drum machine/sequencer.
  50. UHF

Teensy 4.1 with Audio Board 4

Are you still trying to get the audio board and Teensy connected after a year and a half?: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/65604-Audio-Adapter-Board-for-Teensy-4-0?p=264789#post264789 Can you post a photo.
Back