Search results

1. M

Serial1.print() causes Audio Library / Adapter Crackling.

powering the xbee separately worked great! (i'll re-name this thread) i ended up powering the teensy from usb and the xbee via the 3.3v regulator. the grounds were tied together. @kurtE, forgive my ignorance here, i understand in theory how "adding caps" can smooth out power draws or provide...
  2. M

i tried to run wire from the Serial1 pins (0,1) directly to a second boards Serail1 pins and they're working without the xbees. hmmmmmm? i bet im missing some passives somewhere...
  3. M

frank, Great catch. The AudioMemory(8) was just copy/paste. Good to better understand this now. It didn't seem to help with this particular crackling, but as we dial-up the complexity and layering of sounds it'll be good to watch this one moving forward. thanks again! -matt
  4. M

KurtE, Removing the XBee did in fact fix the issue! of course i cannot communicate now without my xbee attached. What does this all mean? is the power draw too much for twiddling the xbee data pins? or does the xbee serial buffers somehow slow things down? i tried the software serial...
  5. M

any new ideas on this? it seems odd that Serial1 would have such an effect when Serial does not. I'm not even sure where to dig in to start understanding this. Perhaps I'll try soft serial on these pins or use serial1 with other pin mapping to add some data to the issue. -matt
  6. M

@Frank, Im not seeing in your code where you call play(...) From my experience an call to play and Serial1.print will crackle. playMem1.play(AudioSampleSnare); Serial1.println("hello"); Thanks for the cpu tip. I'll try that when i get home. thanks again!
  7. M

@Paul, if you have the time, i'm totally game to meetup near/around portland. We've been able to reproduce the issue with your tutorial example for playing sounds from memory by adding a Serial1.print: https://github.com/adellelin/SymphonicPicnic/tree/master/TSPicnic_memorySounds thanks...
  8. M

Thanks @Paul i tried building with the SD_t3.h : #define USE_TEENSY3_OPTIMIZED_CODE i still hear the clickings upon Serial1 sending. i'll try to isolate further by playing from memory instead of the sdcard, but i'd need the sdcard working eventually (they're going to times square public gaming...
  9. M

reducing the priority by setting Serial1 to 255 didn't seem to make a difference: NVIC_SET_PRIORITY(IRQ_UART0_STATUS, 255); // 255 = lowest priority NVIC_ENABLE_IRQ(IRQ_UART0_STATUS);
  10. M

@Frank, Thanks for having a look. we are currently using both tx and rx to send button presses to all the other devices and receive button presses. these might have to be high priority to audio closely sync'd and minimize latency. i'd be curious to try reducing the priority to see if it helps...
  11. M

Ive almost 6 audio adapters, sdcards, teensies, and xbee all working quite nicely together. it sounds and synchronizes surprisingly good. buttons on each teensy play sound files on all teensies. we're using Serial1 (pins 0 and 1) to write chars to an xbee. when we: Serial1.print() the...
  12. M

ap7313 voltage regulator on audio board

there is a ap7313 voltage regulator on the audio board. what is it for? It draws from my teensy 3.2's 3.3v (max 250ma). i hope to use this 3.3v for other things (xbees). what current should i expect the audio portion is using? thanks! -matt
  13. M

octows2811.h to include #ifndef ?

i had some octosw2811 get a bit complex and OO... i eventually had to add the pre/post amble to the header just to get everything to compile. should this be necessary.. maybe not, but it might be a nice upgrade. #ifndef H_OCTOWS2811 #define H_OCTOWS2811 .. #endif
  14. M

8 teensy one mac

if im to hook eight teensy 3.1's up to a mac mini. is there an easy way to address them differently for serial or midi communication? how do i know which device is which device? anyone played with serial communication to more than one teensy on a mac? or pc for that matter? thanks matt:)
  15. M

Teensy 3.0 + Free IMU?

Here is the code Im testing with:
  16. M

Teensy 3.0 + Free IMU?

So, I've got the FreeIMU stuff working quite well with Teensy 2.0 and 3.0... As soon as I add WS2811 Led strip the IMU stops giving reliable data. This feels like a Timers issue. Any one have experience with this? I've tried the FastLED and NeoPixel Libraries for driving led strips. thanks! -matt
  17. M

IRRemote and OctoWS2811

I seem to be having issues getting both the IRRemote library listening for incoming IR codes and displaying on a set of ws2811 led strip at the same time. As soon as I call the irrecv.enableIRIn() my LEDs stop updating. I suspect there is a reused Timer issue at play here. Does that make...
Back