Search results

1. R

JLCPCB Teensy Headers?

1x16 C5307341 (need 2)
  2. R

JLCPCB Teensy Headers?

I have built nearly 100 teensy 3.2, 3.6, 4.0 and 4.1 boards at JLCPCB. For the 3.2 and 4.0 I specify the 16-pin SMD available at JLCPCB. I just waist the two additional pins on both sides.
  3. R

Can't startup with 5v battery pack through USB-C and Teensy 4

I was going to hook up a switch and tied the ends of the 5.1K resistors connected to CC1 and CC2 together. This seems to work on the batteries I tested with usb-a outputs (although I have no idea why). I have one battery pack that outputs usb-a and usb-c. It works with usb-a but not with usb-c...
  4. R

Can't startup with 5v battery pack through USB-C and Teensy 4

I could use some guidance here. I designed a board that uses a Teensy 4 powered by a usb-c connector through a power switch. If I power with a wall charger, my board startups fine after turning on the board's power switch. When I connect with a typical 5volt battery pack through a usb-a to...
  5. R

got working ws2812b strip using max485

I purchase boards for max485 from aliexpress (15 for about $8) https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804762205952.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.c7c41802QfPTzK&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa It seems to work fine for my test of about 30 feet of wire. I attach a drawing of my setup. This...
  6. R

I need some Teensy 3.6 modules

contact me offline at richardfferraro@gmail.com
  7. R

I need some Teensy 3.6 modules

I have 8 used, 1 new and all are functional
  8. R

high dynamic range current/voltage sensors (ina228) working

sure there are a lot of details but its simple: The Adafruit_INA228.h has some examples as does the CSV_Parser.h library The ina228 board has three solder jumpers on the back (none connected at default) I bridge the top jumper so that the V+ is connected to VBUS. You can connect high side or...
  9. R

high dynamic range current/voltage sensors (ina228) working

I have two ina228 boards (Adafruit) connected to i2c port 0 on a teensy 3.6 (4.1 would work as well). I have written a datalogger for them. I can get by with 100ms acquistion time so I just build up buffers larger than 512 and write them out. I output to CSV file on the on-board microSD. I...
  10. R

help connecting chromebook usb to serial on teensy 4

thanks. I am looking for an off-line serial terminal for teensy on a chromebook usb. The online serial terminals do work but I can't use them in the field. I have enabled linux When I plug in, I get a "connect to linux" button which I select. I have tried UARTool yet can't figure out where...
  11. R

help connecting chromebook usb to serial on teensy 4

I would like to use my chrombook (not to program the Teensy) just to receive messages from print statement and to enter data. has anyone accomplished this? I plug in Teensy and I get a message saying go to settings. I go to settings and can't figure out what I am supposed to do there...
  12. R

Teensy 3.2 (x21) and 3.6 (x8) for sale

I have 21 3.2's and 7 3.6's for sale. They are used and all functional. richardfferraro@gmail.com
  13. R

new SmartMatrix warnings with Arduino 2.0 or 2.1

Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix these warnings with latest SmartMatrix and Arduino 2.1.0 ? The code runs fine but the warnings are irritating. Warnings are valuable and even with Warning set to "none" they still show up. Warnings say: use copy-assignment or copy-initialization but...
  14. R

Arduino 2.1 with 2 Teensy 4 on different USB ports yet download always goes to one

Using Arduino 2.1.0 Date: 2023-04-19T15:31:10.185Z CLI Version: 0.32.2 I have 2 (or 3) Teensy 4.0 or Teensy 4.1 connected at the same time to two usb ports. Arduino recognizes both are present. I can switch between the two in Serial monitor. I cannot download to either though, only one...
  15. R

Joining ws2812b strips

I solder them together using the led side on one and the reverse (adhesive) side on the other. I remove the adhesive with an xacto scrape tin the leads, line up the two strips, then heat from the top. I always test for shorts as you won't see the result. Mostly it works, some I have to reheat...
  16. R

Reset Teensy 4

Is there a way (software or pin) to reset the Teensy 4 ? I have 3 Teensy 4's in a system that are linked and need to start at approximately the same time. When I program one at a time, after all are programmed, they need to be restarted. Only way I know is to power down the system and power up...
  17. R

The pursuit of enhancing LED animations

I am not able to convert the code. I would be happy to test on larger matrices (192x192) should you desire. good luck, Richie
  18. R

The pursuit of enhancing LED animations

Hello Stefan, Love seeing your new work. Long time fan. I am just not sure what you are after with >2Kled? I am running Teensy 4.0 with 64x64 panels in many configurations including 3x3 panels. My circuitry is based on the SmartMatrix desig. Let me know if I can be of help...
  19. R

Looking for a Floating point Perlin Noise Generator

I am using integer one (e.g., FastLed). I would like to use a floating point Perlin noise generator. Anyone seen one? thanks
  20. R

Comments on running Arduino 2.0

I did some tests and found this. After I run TeensyDuino for Arduino 1.8, COM3 Serial (Teensy 4.0) as indicated by usb0/140000/0/D/3 does not produce serial output. If I restart my Windows computer, COM3 Serial (Teensy 4.0) works (along with COM3. Again, COM3 works for any set com rate. Richie
  21. R

defragster, I would suspect my pain threshold is less than yours. From following your work here over the years, I have great respect for your knowledge (far beyond mine). I am not finding the same operation as either defragster or W5ZZO. I just verified again. 1. I get no output with COM3...
  22. R

I have been operating for two days with Teensy 3.6 and 4.0 using Arduino 2.0. It coexists along with Arduino 1.8 with TeensyDuino. I had to restart the computer and reload TeensyDuino to get the Arduino/TeensyDuino to find its libraries (maybe just me). TyCommander does not work (currently?)...
  23. R

Arduino IDE2.0 with Teensy 4 question on libraries

Okay Solved Serial problem in 2.0. Small step for mouse brain. In Tools Port There are 2 options COM3 COM3 Serial Teensy 4.0 (selected at default installation). The COM3 has to be selected to see Serial output.
  24. R

I had to reload TeensyDuino for Arduino 1.8 to find libraries. Now I just wish I could see serial output on Arduino 2.
  25. R

I tried my Hello World on a Teensy 3.6 and get no serial output either (although Arduino 2.0 does compile and execute (I can see led blinking on Teensy). Maybe some cross issue from my using TyCommander with 1.8.15?
  26. R

Need some help with Teensy 4.0 and Arduino 2.0 Yup, I'm in a rabbit hole. 1. Loading both Arduino 1.8.15 and Arduino 2.0 My Arduino 1.8.15 can no longer find the libraries that are in C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries. 2. Running on Teensy 4.0, I can compile and run correctly...
  27. R

Thanks Paul, I found where the libraries were stored in: C:\Users\Richa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\hardware\avr\1.57.1\libraries and was able to replace one (FastLED) that I had modified. I will submit my changes for inclusion in that library.
  28. R

Are you experts using Arduino 2.0 ? I have been using Arduino 1.x for many years and have developed quite a few libraries. I am always in the middle of a few projects and have not changed over to Arduion 2.0, PlatformIO or Visual Studio/Visual Micro...etc. Any suggestions? I have installed...
  29. R

Teensy 4.0 stopped allowing upload

I am running windows 10 and the teensy is connected directly to the computer usb port
  30. R

Teensy 4.0 stopped allowing upload

I have purchased and used around 50 Teensy 4.0 and even more 4.1, 3.2, 3.6's over the years. I have not encountered this problem. The T4.0 is running my program and outputs/inputs correctly to/from the serial console. While running this software (that the other T4.0's before and since run...
  31. R

Teensy 3.6 Boards

Yes, I have 16 tha I would be willing to sell. Some have full compliment of header pins and some have 14 per side. All have been tested. Contact at richardfferraro@gmail.com
  32. R

OctoWs2811

I use Teensy 4.0 with OctoWs2811 adapter. This works great when using the Octo as opposed to FastLed. I have simplified BasicTest_FastLED to see what is going on. It outputs blue to only every 8th pixel. #include <OctoWS2811.h> #define USE_OCTOWS2811 #include <FastLED.h> #define NUM_LEDS...
  33. R

OctoWs2811

Does using the FastLed output show() function output to all channels in parallel as does OctoWs2811?
  34. R

OctoWs2811

I am using OctoWs2811 for its fast parallel output and it works fine. I include FastLed and use its data structures and functions that don't output to the leds. I want to use some of the functions in FastLed, for example, fadeToBlackBy, etc. Question: Is there a way to use these FastLed...
  35. R

Teensy 3.6 Boards

John, I have 3.6 boards that I would sell. richardfferraro@gmail.com
  36. R

Looking for Teensy 3.5 or 3.6 boards for existing project

Hello Christophe, I have extra 3.6's. richardfferraro@gmail.com
  37. R

Looking for Teensy 3.2, willing to pay $50/board

the top view photo also shows six 3.1's on the left most column.
  38. R

Looking for Teensy 3.2, willing to pay $50/board

i have 14 still in package. I have about 26 mostly with header pins I have tested all and loaded a hello world example. I purchased all from PJRC. lightly used, never overclocked. If interested, you can contact me directly richardfferraro@gmail.com
  39. R

date from NTP website which provides seconds from UTC (Jan 1, 1900)

Anyone have an algorithm to calculate the current month-day-year based on the number of seconds since Jan 1, 1970 as provided by time.nist.gov NTP server. I can correctly calculate the local time (hour-min-second) secsSince1970 = secsSince1900 - 2208988800; // subtract seconds in...
  40. R

Teensy 4.1 and Nextion Display problem with serial port baudrate

don't need level shifters. Nextions logic is 3.3v. I use the Nextion baud=25000 and it works great. Note: baud=38400 will set the current baud rate to 38400 using bauds=38400 will set the current baud rate to 38400 and save this to be new power on default baud rate, persisting until changed...
  41. R

Nextion Intelligent touchscreen to Teensy 3.6

I have purchased about 20 different Nextion displays. I have had no problem providing Tx Rx directly from Teensy pins. They are powered by 5 volts yet their logic is 3.3v
  42. R

RGB backlit for a keyboard

with that many switches I would go with a IS31FL3741 I2C Driver and rgb leds (as opposed to ws2812s). For tutorial see: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-is31fl3741?gclid=CjwKCAiAyPyQBhB6EiwAFUuakuDotaC4b5LvXpu5h37PEbMTWofKWbRxTZWztChF7iYJEljrgnVQxhoCQl8QAvD_BwE
  43. R

detecting key in an input serial stream

Hello all, Any good source code for following ? I receive a serial char stream from Internet. There is no way to know what is coming at me. I want to detect a key, say "hello". As each character received changes the input buffer, it seems that converting to stream with each char received...
  44. R

TimedRead is private in Stream.h for Teensy 4

In Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\Stream.h the following are private private: char read_error; int timedRead(); int timedPeek(); int peekNextDigit(); I am using <ArduinoHttpClient.h> library which requires these to be public. I have changed "private" to "public" and I can...
  45. R

teensy 4 and wifi

I have successfully connected the AirLift (ESP32) to a Teensy 4.1 and run several of the examples allowing scanning, WPA , SSL , JSON. It was effortless. The examples for non circuit python are at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-airlift-breakout/arduino Pins connected: BUSY to 4.1 pin 9...
  46. R

teensy 4 and wifi

Nicely done. I am using a Teensy 4.1 to control a palette generator instrument I designed. People playing the instrument create color palettes that are stored on sd-card. I want to connect 8266 or esp32 to Teensy 4.1 to allow Teensy 4.1 to send the palettes to a server. So, it is a bit...
  47. R

teensy 4 and wifi

Thanks for responding. All the Teensy 4's are clients. My plan is to have a server (e.g., AWS) which receives files from the clients (Teensy 4s). Ideally, the server could also send files to the clients. I ordered a couple of the airlifts hoping someone knows how to interface its ESP32 to the...
  48. R

teensy 4 and wifi

I want to provide wifi to my teensy 4/4.1 system. I have seen older forum entries and was wondering if anyone has a current working system? I worked with some 8266 parts and teensy 3.2 a few years ago. I don't need coprocessing. I just want to dump the files on the sd card to a web site. I...
  49. R

non-blocking read from sd card on Teensy 4.1 ?

Just cam across Bill Greiman;s library at https://platformio.org/lib/show/322/SdFat/examples?file=TeensySdioDemo.ino Looks simple enough. I'll check it out. thanks again
  50. R

non-blocking read from sd card on Teensy 4.1 ?

Interesting and challenging I would imagine. In the latest version of Teensyduino, Paul has sped up SdFat. After a bit of work weaning off of SD.h, I am hesitant to dive into learning how to do DMA from SdFat. Is there some access to this technology like a library? thanks, Richie
Back