Search results

1. I

Soft reboot on Teensy4.0

Has anyone here been able to get the watchdog timer to successfully reboot the system? I am still seeing the same behavior reported back in Oct, both a watchdog timeout or a forced system reset simply shuts down the T4 instead of causing it to reboot which obviously subverts the desired...
  2. I

Logging the serial data that comes over the Teensy USB port to a usb flash drive

I am having trouble finding a small usb device (that is not a computer ;) ) that will plug into a Teensy's USB port and log the serial data that comes over it. Every related search I have tried only turns up recording uart serial port data to a usb flash drive or a key logger (which I don't...
  3. I

EEPROM writing on T_3.6 in HSRUN mode

It would probably be worth it to have a new API to write an array of bytes to EEPROM so that the overhead of going out and back in HSRUN would be less...
  4. I

Thanks for the explanations Frank and Defragster! I appreciate the help. :) Brent
  5. I

Hi Guys - I have been trying to keep up on this issue but there is a lot of details and a lot of posts about it. I have some confusion about the current state of this issue so I have some basic questions about doing EEPROM writes on a T3.6 since my code saves a lot of config data in EEPROM. 1)...
  6. I

Dynamixel Support (bioloid libraries) on Teensy processors...

Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated. :) I found a reference that hopefully can easily adapt to teensy: http://www.oppedijk.com/Blog/control-dynamixel-ax-12-with-netmf. It will make the software a little simpler as well since I can just use the standard serial calls after setting the...
  7. I

Dynamixel Support (bioloid libraries) on Teensy processors...

Hi Kurt - I am starting to play around with these servos. Thanks for the great information on how to use these with Teensies! It looks like in order to use these with Teensy 3.6 a buffer chip might be needed since the inputs are not 5v tolerant and presumably when the ax-12 drives the serial...
  8. I

K66 Beta Test

Teensy 3.6 Breakout to screw terminal board Below is an attachment for an Eagle Teensy 3.6 breakout board based on Donziboy2's part. It breaks out every single connection to a screw terminal and provides multiple 3.3V and GND connections. If anyone has some time to take a look and provide...
  9. I

K66 Beta Test

Hi Donziboy2 - Thanks for providing this! Is the download from this post the most recent version? I want to make a PCB board that breaks out all the signals to terminal blocks for easy connecting. Thanks! Brent
  10. I

C++ framework for modestly complicated to really complicated sketches

Hi Everyone - I know there is a lot of awesome craziness going on with the new teensy boards. I can't wait to get mine, they are going to be fantastic! Before things get to swamped with support questions for the new boards I thought I would make another release of the Embedded Library. I have...
  11. I

Long run of WS8211 LEDs almost working, seeking advice

This was my source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/271861607653?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=e0WZOa. I don't see a datasheet... Next time I will ensure my samples work correctly for a variety of test patterns before placing a large order. I think I dodged a bullet that these work for my particular...
  12. I

Well, there is nothing wrong with the signal or power that I can tell. I am suspicious it is an issue with the LEDs themselves. Since this problem is not noticeable when the string is being used in practice I am going to move on... sigh.
  13. I

Well, I think I am going to have to go deep on this one. The cool thing is that I discovered I can program my scope using Python. http://pyvisa.readthedocs.io/en/stable/ I am going to write some python code to analyze the signal to see exactly what the leds are being told to do. I will report...
  14. I

Hi - I am trying to get a long run of 12v WS8211 stranded LEDs working using a Teensy 3.2 and an Octo adapter board. I have the LEDs looping up and down along a 20' run of 14 gauge power lines. The idea is to have them work like icicle christmas lights. I have 2.2uf decoupling capacitors where...
  15. I

SPI weirdness with ILI9341 display, XPT2046 touchscreen, and DS3234 RTC

I originally had all the devices on the same pins but the RTC would not function at all so I moved it to the alt pins. Since I did that I read that either the ILI or XPT don't tristate their SPI pins (or something like that) so a buffer chip is required to connect another SPI device to the same...
  16. I

Sorry! That was a typo in my post. The XPT is on 6 and the RTC is on 5. I edited the post to fix that. Any other thoughts? Thanks!
  17. I

Hi - I have having an SPI problem I have not been able to figure out, I am hoping someone here might have some insight I am missing... I have the ILI9341/XPT2046 connected on the standard pins, CLK=13, MOSI=11, MISO=12, DisplayCS=10, DisplayDC=9, and XPT2046CS=6. The ILI9341 and XPT2046...
  18. I

A higher end ILI9341?

Thanks Paul - The Gameduino2 does look very interesting for doing interactive UI with charts and stuff.
  19. I

A higher end ILI9341?

Hi Everyone - The ILI9341 is pretty cool for its price point but it is missing a few features that could make it a lot better. First is obviously the lack of double buffering when using RGB565 can cause flicker when rendering. The second is the interface could really use a command to write...
  20. I

XPT2046 touchscreen position jitter and lack of edge sensitivity

I am working on a project using this touchscreen and have noticed the same thing. I would be interested in seeing your code. You could just post a link to a github project? Thanks! Brent
  21. I

SPI.disable not working correctly with setMOSI/setMISO/setSCK

I just ran into this too. I was about to try and hack this exact fix. I am glad I google it first. :) Thanks for fixing this! Brent
  22. I

Yes, that is legit but may be considered a little old school. It's just a more convenient way to declare some integer constants then "const int eTransformRelayPin = 1;". I believe it can also save on global storage since even though a global variable may be declared const it could still takes...
  23. I

Hi Everyone - I have made a bunch of improvements and bug fixes in the last month so I am doing another beta release. The github address is: https://github.com/beehoppop/EmbeddedLibrary. The release notes are below. Please let me know if you find this useful. Thanks! 1/24/2016 - 0.2.0 - General...
  24. I

Completed Project: Front of House LED lighting

Thanks! That is pretty far north, wow! I would definitely not go any denser if they are going to be close to the house, at that spacing it produces a lot of light, you could probably get away with going less dense but I do like the option of being able to produce more light and then just...
  25. I

Thanks Guys - I was worried the stickers were going to be too much work so I did a test panel first and timed it. It only took about 10 minutes per panel to put them on and even less to take them off. However, I may have employed some child labor towards the end of the project. ;-)
  26. I

Thanks! I updated the post with a video showing the different holiday patterns. Here it is: https://youtu.be/4hKvlii1X94
  27. I

Hi Everyone - I have made a blog post about my Teensy based project to control 380 LED modules under the roof soffit on the front of my house. https://brentpease.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/front-house-led-project/ "In the spirit of why just do something when you can over do it this system...
  28. I

I am releasing a C++ event driven framework to help manage complicated sketches. The github address is: https://github.com/beehoppop/EmbeddedLibrary I have used this library to develop an outdoor lighting project and also a model railroad control system which I will be releasing shortly. The...
  29. I

Teensy 3.1 - Tying Pin#33 (pta4) low freezes teensy.

I may have hit this issue as well. I narrowed down a problem where teensy would not boot unless connected to a PC when connecting pin 33 to the input of a motor driver. Here is my post: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/30869-Teensy-3-1-won-t-boot-unless-connected-to-host-computer-over-USB
  30. I

Teensy 3.1 won't boot unless connected to host computer over USB

OK. I have discovered something interesting. I have reproduced this on two teensy's now. The problem seems to be related to attaching an input to a motor driver on pin 33 (The line is relatively long, about 10-12 feet). When connected I see this problem, when it is not connected I do not see the...
  31. I

Well, I added an LED back to pin 13 and loaded up blinky and I am seeing the same behavior so its not my program after all. So now I am back to thinking it could be a power issue so I am going to look into that. But I do have another teensy on the same power rails that boots fine. Maybe I...
  32. I

Hi Paul - Thanks for the response. Sorry, I did not mean to impugn teensy. Teensy is awesome and what you have done is amazing! :) I didn't post code because its big and complicated and requires a tedious setup but for what it's worth the git hub is https://github.com/beehoppop/TrainControl...
  33. I

Thanks for the help! I am not sure what you are asking? I am not doing anything special with usb just the usual serial output from the teensy and downloading the program to the teensy. (Also, I should clarify that both teensy devices are running the same program)
  34. I

I have some updates: 1) I believe that I was confusing the program mode button with a reset button. So when I was seeing the teensy halt until I plugged in the USB after hitting the button, this is the correct behavior? 2) I am still having a problem where the teensy won't load my application on...
  35. I

Thanks for the response! I did a search on that and it looked like it was being used a lot in the examples but not the core initialization code... This is part of a relatively large project so the code base is pretty complicated... If this problem rings a bell with anyone I would love to hear...
  36. I

Hi - I am having a problem with one of my teensy boards that I have not seen before. Unfortunately, I am not sure how it got into this state. The problem is that the teensy will not boot unless it is connected to the host computer's USB port. It will be working just fine connected. I then...
Back