Search results

1. L

Keypad library seems to be broken on Teensy LC at least ~ clock speed

Hi, I confirm about delayMicroSeconds, got the problem with Teensy 4.1. Just modified the library like so : // Private : Hardware scan void Keypad::scanKeys() { // Re-intialize the row pins. Allows sharing these pins with other hardware. for (byte r = 0; r < sizeKpd.rows; r++) {...
  2. L

Yet Another File Player (and recorder)

Made another SDpiano test with inHeap and only 16KB buffers. Always with 8 notes, so 8 stereo samples, and it still works fine. Do you think 16KB isn't enough ? That means refill above 8KB. Of course with MicroDexed-touch we won't have much RAM left so I guess PSRAM will be our only choice.
  3. L

Ah ok, sorry I haven't checked in the code. I thought the voice allocation for buffer playback wasn't related to MIDI notes. About the "bug" I haven't sent several times the same note, I have used the 8 notes from a scale. If you need me to test it further let me know, I would be very happy to...
  4. L

Made a quick test with only 4 voices allocated. When I send the same MIDI notes, I only hear the first 4 notes played. The next 4 ones are ignored. Could it be possible to "steal the oldest" voices in the allocation (like I had on my old synths to manage polyphony :) ) ? Or better, have the...
  5. L

No problem. I try it. Got problem with this line Serial.printf("; ocnt=%d, myOcnt=%d\n", ocnt, myOcnt); These variables are not found. Anyway it's very interesting to see the progress of allocation : No voice played #0 128, 0, 0 / #1 128, 0, 0 / #2 128, 0, 0 / #3 128, 0, 0 / #4 128, 0, 0 /...
  6. L

Of course I meant I heard the 8 stereo samples played from Sdpiano.
  7. L

After some tests, I had some doubts, and as I don't have any MIDI synths plugged now, I had simply sent notes from my pc keyboard. But it seems there is a hardware limitation to only 6 keys pressed at the same time. So I have drawn a simple bar in Reason that sends MIDI notes to the Teensy with...
  8. L

Hi guys, Thanks for this very promising library :) I am working with @positionhigh on MicroDexed-touch, that's why we are so interested in this library. I've tested the SDpiano on Teensy 4.1 with PSRAM. Impressive, I don't hear any latency. I can play 6 voices, that's great. But can't reach...
  9. L

Dual SerialUSB and MIDI config possible?

Usb audio and midi with dual serial is working, the problem was in my web page code (javascript with webserial, webaudio and webmidi api).
  10. L

The workaround fixes the problem in IDE. Now I have to understand how to connect one device with webserial on one port, and IDE on the other port to show logs. Well usbaudio is not working anymore.
  11. L

Hi Kurt, I've completed my post, I was presuming it was some caching issue as I see the option for the other boards if I change. But still nothing for Teensy 4.1, let's try the workaround :)
  12. L

Hi guys, I also need dual Serial + MIDI + Audio for Teensy 4.1 I've modified the files boards.txt and usb_desc.h (on my PC it's here : C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Arduino15). But the option never appears in IDE 2 for Teensy 4.1 but appears for the other boards. Am I missing something ? Thanks...
  13. L

usbMIDI transmission error

Ok guys, I have good news. After a lot of trials, and errors in MIDIOX, I have finally managed to get it to work :D I had previously tried to split the message but it iddn't work because it was sent too quickly. So this is the code that works with the Teensy 4.1 kept at 600Mz and send the 4104...
  14. L

I don't see any problem with long sysex messages. Like the MIDI Sample Dump Standard you can send samples. I've found this : I think your real problem is the 'generic USB to Midi cable' at it uses Microsoft class driver that doesn't work for long sysex. This is particularly a problem for...
  15. L

I wanted to be sure, so I've checked the official Yamaha documentation. See page 37 here : http://synthmanuals.com/manuals/yamaha/tx7/owners_manual/tx7e1.pdf
  16. L

If I understand the third parameter for sendSysEx, if it's false it will add the missing start/stop bytes to the message.
  17. L

Hi Rolf, It's a dump of a DX7 bank with 32 patches inside. So the file actually already has only one F0, then 4102 bytes, then one F7 at the end. In MIDIOX, I see that the usbmidi lib truncates this 4104 buffer in 266 bytes blocks. My understanding is until F7 is not encountered, it is...
  18. L

Thanks Rolf I've tried all your suggestions, unfortunately I'm still stuck with no complete bank dump. I'm going crazy with such a "simple" thing. If my calculations are right (and MIDIOX displays the blocks right) I receive 3584 bytes (14*256 blocks: 1 sysex start block with F0, 13 sysex...
  19. L

Thanks. So I've tried it but it doesn't solve the problem for me. Now I see that: Received 1024 bytes succesfully. Received 3235 bytes of bulk dump (at 1078333 bytes/s = 1053,06 KB/s)
  20. L

Hi, I've got some problem with usbMidi too. I try to send a DX7 bank sysex file by usbMidi (file stored on a SD card). When I send only a patch it's working perfectly. But when I try to send the whole file (4104 bytes, 32 patches in the bank) then I never receive the 4104 bytes. On my PC, in...
  21. L

Teensy 3.6 timers & frequency

Thanks to you both, I didn't know this function. It works like a charm :D
  22. L

Teensy 3.6 timers & frequency

Hi, As I am working with 12 PWM outputs on the Teensy 3.6 to drive RGB leds I need to increase the frequency of these PWM outputs. I need to know the timers for each PWM pin (as on this page https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_pulse.html but for the 3.6) and the default frequency please. Best...
  23. L

Play samples at different pitches by MIDI

Hi, Today I've mounted the audio board on the Teensy 3.2 that I have received. After having tried some skecth examples everything seems to be working fine. Now my project is to build a small MIDI sampler, let's say a MIDI instrument that plays/records samples. So from the example sketch I know...
  24. L

Teensy LC : tlc5940 and shiftpwm libs ?

Thanks Paul for adding support for Teensy LC to ShiftPWM ! I've quickly tested it with leds on a breadboard and it works perfectly :D Now I agree that this matrix is not trivial to manage.
  25. L

Oh great :D Thanks Paul for pointing to a replacement part. Didn't know that this TLC5940 was so horrible. Hmmm I have one for sale then. The problem is that I live in France and such adafruit products take time to arrive :confused:
  26. L

I have already posted what I have built (following this : http://interactingobjects.com/sparkf...t-1-soldering/) : the button pads : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7835 this PCB : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8033 RGB leds like this one : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9264 So I...
  27. L

Yep, that's why I simply had asked to Paul if these libs could be ported on the Teensy LC. Nothing more. If these libs are obsolete please let me know what else I can use.
  28. L

I have also purchased a 74hc4067 after reading some posts on different forums but I think I was wrong as I can control only a led at once. As I said I am almost a beginner and I learn from every mistake I make...
  29. L

I have already a Teensy 3.1 for a while but it is used for another project. I have recently bought Two teensy LC and the audio board for smaller projects. It's absolutely not a question of money, it's simply I have these boards and I would have loved to use them to control rgb leds and pads...
  30. L

These libs have not be ported for the teensy lc as you can see here : https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.html But I have discovered this too late. Paul told on twitter that these libs are not used often anymore. But all the tutorials I have found used them. So I don't know how to finish my...
  31. L

Hi, Could the tlc5940 and the shiftpwm libraries be ported for the teensy lc ? I am trying to control the 4*4 sparkfun button pads with a teensy lc but it needs several pwm output pins. I have bought a tlc5940 (and several 74hc595 as an alternative to test as I am almost a beginner) but it...
Back