Search results

1. C

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #3

TD1.59 Beta 3 on Teensy 3.6 => attempts to use the predefined Wire2 interface result in a program freeze. The problem is solved by calling: Wire2.begin(); Wire2.setClock(400000); before calling beginTransmission(); However, this is not necessary for Wire or Wire1.
  2. C

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #3

The SPI constexpr constructor fix works for T4.1, but the T3.x code section was not fixed. I posted issue #69 on github with a fix in the first comment. I know T3 is no longer produced, but there are a lot of T3.6 boards out there and a lot of code that passes an SPI instance as a constructor...
  3. C

Problem when uploading program to T4.1 in IDE 2.0.2

This solution is s bit of an annoyance when not using the Arduino IDE, because that message is now shown on every upload. Is there a flag that can suppress it? I use Visual Studio with VisualMicro, which is awesome, and I'd like to not have this new bit of clutter -- image attached.
  4. C

Using an Object for Interrupt (and other) Call Backs

yeah, what he said... That was a superbly clear and very convincing example. 4-1/2 years later, I am still wishing for exactly this.
  5. C

Teensy 3.5 ADC characteristcs

LOL all these years later I just realized that probably not one in a thousand people who drive a car have any idea how the motor works, and probably most of those who think they know anything have most of it wrong. The automobile owner's manual used to show you how to change your spark plugs...
  6. C

Lightweight C++ callbacks

This is great stuff! I cannot understand why PaulS was engaged enough to start this whole thing up, and to jump in to explain loop capture in response to a side comment, yet apparently never looked at serious potential solutions like this, the earlier POC, and the well-established etlcpp, or at...
  7. C

[posted] Arduino Debug via Serial

Two years later... I've found that the easiest / fastest way to work on TeensyDuino (or Arduino) libraries using Visual Micro is to create a /dev folder inside the library (at the same level as the usual "examples" folder). Inside the /dev folder, create a solution/project with an .ino file...
  8. C

Defect in serial port exposed when dual serial ports are defined

Thank you! I was unaware of <type_traits>, and it will definitely come in handy.
  9. C

OK, that makes sense. I should have realized that was what was going on. So the question remains: what mechanism would be reliable for testing whether two aliases for SerialUSB ports refer to the same port? The following code "works" in my present application, but perhaps there are "gotchas"...
  10. C

Where can I find a Teensy Coder?

I would suggest you look at CodeMentor for a C++ developer with embedded experience. https://www.codementor.io/ I've contracted with folks there quite a few times when I needed somebody to walk me through something unusual or arcane, and there are a ton of folks on there who have C++...
  11. C

When I use dual serial USB ports, the == operator does not appear to distinguish between Serial and SerialUSB1, as illustrated in the code below. // Compile this for USB type = dual serial void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); SerialUSB1.begin(115200); if (Serial == SerialUSB1)...
  12. C

Non-deterministic COM port order with Dual Serial and Triple Serial USB on Windows10

Yes and no: The Visual Micro extension for Visual Studio supports embedded code development for a large number of devices across both traditional and arduino-compatible ecosystems. It supports a bunch of different ways to get code onto your device, and multiple ways to debug that code as it...
  13. C

Non-deterministic COM port order with Dual Serial and Triple Serial USB on Windows10

Just at the moment I'm writing instructions for aspiring developers to be able to trace teensy code using DBG in Visual Micro/ Visual Studio. Currently-available instructions do not work much of the time. VM requires that COM ports be chosen for uploading and debugging. Teensy-debug requires a...
  14. C

Manicksan wrote: This is super helpful! I'll test to see whether USBSER000 consistently corresponds to SerialUSB (etc.) when the order of the COM port numbering is flipped. I am hopeful that this might be so, since the ordination of USBSER follows the teensy order rather than the COM port...
  15. C

@luni: I've used TeensySharp -- thank you for that!!! And I'm starting to work through tycmd, which is an education. Unfortunately my wish was to be able to predict which of several newly-assigned COM ports in Windows will correspond to which of the SerialUSB ports in Teensy. My current...
  16. C

Paul wrote: Thanks! I assume the configuration descriptor is constructed from the contents of usb_desc ? I'll look at the internal MSFT code handling the configuration descriptor and try to track down the source of variability in the order of assignment. Surprise removal used to be a huge...
  17. C

I have read in several places that when Dual Serial or Triple Serial USB mode is used, the SerialUSB (aka Serial) endpoint will be connected to the lowest-numbered of the assigned COM ports. Among other things, Visual Micro states this in their DBG documentation and suggests that debug should be...
  18. C

MTP Responder Contribution

MTP_t4 working well on t3.6 I'm using MTP_t4 https://github.com/WMXZ-EU/MTP_t4 installed following the (brief) instructions given in the ReadMe and have encountered no problems in my T3.6 project. I am using SdFat v2.0 beta8 rather than the older SdFat, because I need the ExFat support and...
  19. C

SdFat V2.0b with multiple SD cards?

Thanks for that response! Basically what you wrote worked, except that begin() is called on each instance of SdFs rather than on the cards directly. I had some issues at first and was worried that all the autodetection and defaults that are set up in the configuration file #define macros were...
  20. C

SdFat V2.0b with multiple SD cards?

I use SdFat v2.0b ("SdFat-Beta") for a Teensy 3.6 project that also uses the Audio board & library and a number of other bus-based sensors and libraries. The SdFat configuration documentation is confusing but it's actually very simple to install and use -- everything I've used works perfectly...
  21. C

Help understanding how I killed my teensy 4.0

Two observations: The first is to consider overlooked obscure opportunities for ground loops. I killed a few myself before I figured out how badly ground loops can affect the Teensy and how subtly they can creep in. I've seen hundreds of volts of ground differential in my lab. Ground loops...
  22. C

Long SD Filenames for Audio library

Did you ever get this working?
  23. C

SD library deemed harmful due to GPL license

The default SD library installed by TeensyDuino claims to be a wrapper for sdfatlib, and it carries a GPL license "because sdfatlib is licensed with this." Unfortunately, devices subject to certain types of regulatory oversight cannot reasonably comply with GPL requirements. For this reason...
  24. C

Audio board recording while playing - sampling frequency problem

I was using the SD card on the teensy itself, but I did try switching to the one on the AudioAdaptor, and that made no difference. Since your last suggestion, I added the serial flash memory and moved the files to it, and now AudioCPU Max is down to just 21, and AudioMemoryMax is 9 buffers...
  25. C

Thanks so much for the thoughts and suggestions. I was using arm_fir_decimate_q15 and a 72-tap filter. In response to your question I changed it to arm_fir_decimate_fast_q15, which reduced AudioMaxCPU from 105% to 94%. I was excited to see that improvement, but unfortunately the sample rate...
  26. C

Thanks for that suggestion, Pete. I have turned on instrumentation on memory and CPU. When recording is enabled and playback is disabled I see AudioProcessorMax of 31 and AudioMemoryMax of 8. With both recording and playback enabled I see AudioProcessorMax of 105 and AudioMemoryMax of 10. The...
  27. C

I have a project that uses Teensy 3.6 to acquire a half-dozen channels of sensor data and transfer the data in real time via USB Serial to a PC, where I wrote a multi-channel scrolling console to display it. One of my sensor channels is audio, and for that I use the teensy audio board. Since my...
  28. C

freeze: Teensy 3.2 + multiple ATTiny85 I2C

Kudos to superslot for tracking this particular issue down and reporting back once the problem was resolved!! I've read dozens of i2c threads that just fade out, making it impossible to know whether any of the proposed diagnostic/therapeutic approaches were effective.
  29. C

Teensy 3.0 Watchdog Timer

I just want to point out that the Adafruit SleepyDog BasicUsage example doesn't work as intended for Teensy when the host terminal is running under Windows prior to Windows 10. The example is supposed to show the device repeatedly restarting with output visible on a host terminal. However...
  30. C

Issues with SPIFlash and Spansion S25FL128L memory

Hey, I found that onehorse got the exact same error as you when using RawHardwareTest on known good chips of the same type as yours. A modified code library worked correctly. I *think* these issues should have been addressed in more recent versions of the library, so perhaps you should...
  31. C

You may have already done this, but here's what I would do next with RawHardwareTest: Uncomment the serial.print statements and comment out the whole create_signature and short-circuited return from the test block, and just let it show you what's on the entire chip. while (address <...
  32. C

Teensy 3.6 died mysteriously x 2

That seems like quite a good suggestion. I do use USB data isolation and a medical grade isolation charger to feed this project, BUT... I also had a chassis ground wire from my oscilloscope to Teensy GND, and the scope ground is very close to the PC ground. Of course, the audio boards remain...
  33. C

Trying to fix broken Teensy 3.6 boards -- is there a component layout guide anywhere?

Got it. Thank you!!! But please help me here: how did you know that? The traces vanish into vias and under chips, and don't connect to anything I could positively identify from the schematic. I was looking in a completely different area. Perhaps I *should* have spotted it from the relationship...
  34. C

Haven't used the Uno in awhile, but in my experience EraseEverything is always slow on every flash chip I've used, so if it is fast I would assume that it is not executing. I would start there -- if you cannot completely erase the chip, nothing else is going to work correctly or add more...
  35. C

Teensy 3.6 died mysteriously x 2

I have two dead Teensy 3.6 boards that died without obvious cause. Each one had an audio adapter soldered in place (piggyback) and a ground wire to my oscilloscope, but no other connections to the Teensy other than the USB port. Each worked in the evening, was unplugged from USB overnight, and...
  36. C

Trying to fix broken Teensy 3.6 boards -- is there a component layout guide anywhere?

I'm seeking information that will help me link the schematic with the board layout. One of my Teensy 3.6 boards arrived missing a passive component (bare pads coated with solder). It still appears to work fine, and I assume the missing element is a capacitor, but I can't tell what value. It's...
  37. C

Adding WiFi to Teensy 3.x

Are you suggesting that the WinC1500 worked for you with Teensy 3.5 but not with Teensy 3.6? Or perhaps there was something wrong with your 3.6 board?
  38. C

Teensy 3.6 Power supply

In my experience, you can indeed power the Teensy 3.2 with 3.3 volts. I suggest you do so by cutting the designated jumper and applying power to Vin rather than to the pin marked 3.3v. I have done this with success, and have even seen the Teensy wake up and run with voltages below 3V, well...
  39. C

Teensy 3.2 USB Serial "non-blocking" write isn't really non-blocking

I'll post a complete repro. Only reason I didn't do so before is that I was specifically asking about the safety of the proposed fix or any user-code workarounds (e.g., wait until exactly 64 bytes are available). In case you find yourself thinking about it before I post the repro, the Teensy...
  40. C

ummm -- perhaps I've misunderstood what's going on, but from what I can see the situation is a little different. If you look at my code you will see that I never write when space is not available. Nonetheless, the Serial.write call consistently blocks whenever the overall throughput is...
  41. C

Hi Paul. Thanks for responding, and thanks for making this processor available in such a great form factor with so much library support! After several days of testing I've concluded that the current library is not non-blocking in any meaningful sense of the word. It will honor the non-blocking...
  42. C

Thanks for the response. My device can handle the scenario where the PC is not listening -- as described in my original post, I am applying some algorithms and delivering real-world outputs directly from the device, and you can think of the link to the PC as being a logging function. The device...
  43. C

My teensy 3.2 device has an ISR that reads a sensor and writes to a circular inBuffer that handles overflow gracefully. A main loop processes data from the inBuffer, triggers some time-sensitive external actions, and writes logging output to a circular outBuffer that also overflows gracefully...
  44. C

code hanging

ParDHarD -- Have you solved this glitch? If so, could you post the cause / solution that you found? I'd be quite surprised if this turned out to be a hardware issue. In the spirit of your original question: I have encountered similar problems in the past, typically caused by problems that...
  45. C

Teensy 3.6 Power supply

One more suggestion. The OP was "looking for" a separate power supply, so this might be relevant: I use the AdaFruit PowerBoost boards to provide clean 5v power for my Teensy-based projects that include multiple other power-hungry boards. The PowerBoost boards include both an MCP7381 (load...
  46. C

Teensy 3.6 Power supply

Just wanted to expand a little bit on GremlinWrangler's response: On Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 the incoming USB +5v power goes directly to pin Vusb, then through a cut pad to pin Vin, then through a fuse to the LP38691 voltage regulator that supplies the rest of the board. The LP38691 accepts 2.7v -...
  47. C

Fastest Bluetooth Data transfers from Teensy to Host? Should I use SPI? What module?

Ardashsa, I'm live streaming. I'm using Serial over USB to the host right now, while searching for a serial BT device that will talk to the Teensy at high data rates (they all handle sufficiently high data rates over the BT connection). I found no real help in any of the Forum posts, except...
  48. C

Teensy 3.2 Vusb voltage drop

My current project is using the Teensy 3.2 along with an Adafruit PowerBoost 1000C and some other boards... Teensy 3.2 has a fuse and a tiny trace that add up to 0.7 ohms of resistance between the inbound USB V+ and the Teensy Vusb pin. This is enough to put the Vusb voltage below the USB spec...
  49. C

Fastest Bluetooth Data transfers from Teensy to Host? Should I use SPI? What module?

I am currently finishing a medical device that moves about 1.5 Mbps of data from a Teensy 3.2 to a host PC over the USB serial interface. The system runs for 8-10 hours at a time, and everything is working well. Now I would like to move to a wireless link with the PC. I know that Bluetooth 2+...
Back