Search results

1. T

8x8 or larger square bank of mechanical switches

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be taking your advice to build a really cheap prototype first. Being new means I naturally have a lot of what-if questions. I guess with a bunch of cheap parts I can just try it for myself.
  2. T

I'm sure it's probably obvious to somebody who is not a novice. But since I have only started learning about this out of recent "necessity" I'm not exactly sure how much I can wire in matrix at a time and how many connections on the teensy I would have to make and all that. I'm not saying this...
  3. T

Thanks for the info. Do you know if diodes are necessary? I'm not sure if they are completely necessary but I do want to be able to input at least simple shift+ and control+ hotkeys in a flight sim or something like that. I'm guessing as long as it's not 5+ keys it should be fine but I don't...
  4. T

Dymo Stylus Tact Alpha Keyboard for Teensy 3.

Forgive me for bringing up such an old post, but I am just learning about these things. Could I modify this using simple mechanical switches like cherry reds and achieve the same results?
  5. T

This will be my first project so the only thing I'm concerned with is the type of keys themselves, I want to use cherry mx red keys and I want to try and do it with the teensy. From the limited amount I've learned in I dunno two days, I think the teensy would need an I/O extender or something...
  6. T

Can I do this with a teensy++ 2.0 and if so how? I've honestly been searching for a guide for days and all I can find is modified "regular" keyboard layouts. I just want a big square key bank, without any key staggering. Just a ton of buttons, why can't I find a how-to on this?
Back