Search results

1. C

USB interface for multi channel outputs, not just stereo

@mcginty; You are correct: I have no need for USB connections. This is for live gigs, and I’ll be playing my guitars on stage while the processing will be in the mixer rack at front of house. USB doesn’t travel so well! I will see if I can locate the threads you’re referencing. I’m working...
  2. C

Has anyone successfully maxed out the TDM capabilities of the Teensy 4? i.e. 32 channels of audio, with 16 on each SAI port? Seems all the boards and code stop at 8...
  3. C

I’m handy with a soldering iron and wouldn’t mind collaborating…
  4. C

Basic I2S Input Example for T4.x

Thank you! Verified and uploaded successfully on the first try. Now to learn how to understand it... Can you point me toward any resource that can help me take the next step? Regardless, this is a treasure trove for me. Thanks again.
  5. C

Very interested. I’m beginning work along similar lines: building preamps and A/D converters for hexaphonic guitar pickups to allow output of individual real-time audio from each discrete string over a network via a teensy 4.1. I too have looked at AES67 and XMOS. Tonight I’m finally...
  6. C

Teensy 4.1 as 16ch 24b/48kHz TDM to Ethernet server PLUS OSC server?

Adrian, I assume your GitHub repo here: https://github.com/CNMAT/OSC …is the best place for me to start if I’m looking for a full-featured Teensy 4.1 - compatible OSC solution? Have there been previous attempts by yourself or others to add audio?
  7. C

Latency is not a huge issue for the OSC side (Can probably tolerate 25-50 ms?) The audio side, however, must be as close to real time as is possible. My teensy will also have the two optional flash chips installed, which may allow extra room for buffers? My 25-50ms tolerance guess is based on...
  8. C

Oh dear. I’m afraid the complexity overhead of the OS’s out there put me at a real disadvantage here. I can break out my Swift if I must, but I turned to Teensy hoping to avoid all that…. I shall look into it. And thank you.
  9. C

First off, I notice your name is “Adrian Freed,” which is (by no coincidence, I’m guessing) also the name of one half of the original OSC development team. Thanks very much for commenting on my little thread, Adrian. If the teensy (or several teensys) is not up to the task, I’ve got xmos...
  10. C

I've considered approaching this in two different ways: 1 - As you suggested, using protocols specifically tailored to real-time audio transmission. No need to invent the wheel, assuming the wheel exists. I suspect this RTP payload format would suit my needs, as it allows for 24bit audio with...
  11. C

Audio bridge to Ethernet, is it possible?

Hi tschrama! Thanks for your reply. I wrote a response, but realized I would have been commandeering your (zombie) thread, so I started a new thread with links to this one. (And notes to thank you for your work!)...
  12. C

Hi All. I'd like to take the 48kHz/24b TDM8 outputs of two Cirrus 8-channel ADCs and serve them uncompressed via a TCP port on the Teensy. In theory, TDM8 serial data would be written to memory in a struct containing an incrementing 'sorting' value and a 1-16 'channel' value. Memory register...
  13. C

Audio bridge to Ethernet, is it possible?

Looks as though nobody ever chimed in to assist. :-( In any case, I must ask: were you able to stream 24/48 multichannel tdm audio to Ethernet using the teensy? My project requires the same, so I'm more than just curious about your project at large. Best, Chris
Back