Search results

1. C

Sparkfun BNO080 - Teensy 3.6 >> 4.0

I downloaded 1.49 beta #5 yesterday. I had no problem running all of the example Sparkfun BNO080 programs. Thanks very much to all who have contributed to the resolution. I hope the work has helped to clear up other I2C concerns.
  2. C

Many thanks to KurtE and mjs for continued work on this. I hope it has helped clear other i2c related issues. I timed out for a while, and continued my application with MPU9250. However, due to matching pinouts, I now have a hard PCB which allows for configuration with either MPU9250 or...
  3. C

Wow! Many thanks for continuing to dig in on this. I had to keep my project going with an MPU-9250 over the weekend. Working to keep my options open as the BNO080 has many advantages. I think you are on the right track with the quote in your earlier post. I think it's key that four good...
  4. C

OK - I've generated some more clarity. I extracted all the calls into sequential code. Here's the sequence 1. Reset packet sent 2. Short delay 3. Request 4 bytes > determine number of bytes available 4. Check for data available (Wire.available) 5. read 32 byte packet 6. repeat step 5 until...
  5. C

More experimentation tonight. There were to many variables managed by the library to extract out commands, so I added more comments and continued to use the library. Here's what happens on the 4.0: 1. Reset packet is sent (as far as I know) 2. 4 bytes read - data says there are 272 bytes to...
  6. C

I think I've exhausted all the permutations of delays/I2C speed/CPU mhz... with the driver as it stands. Slowing down or delaying does not resolve the issue. I was able to find that bytes and the packet header seem to be producing values. The values seem strange (packet size too large) from...
  7. C

Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely try that; I have not yet. I have tried with the speed command omitted, and it did not fix it. I am running 1.48. After reading the 055 thread I made sure. Beneath all layers of function calls under IMU.begin, the code seems to hang at a very low...
  8. C

I did experiment with adding a delay between the Wire begin, and IMU begin. It did not work. I also experimented with adding additional delay between 'receivePacket' calls in the softReset() function. This did not work either. Capturing the IMU.begin output; it consistently returns false...
  9. C

I'm trying to use Sparkfun's library for the BNO080 IMU on a Teensy 4.0. I'm able to run the example on a Teensy 3.6, but it does not run on a 4.0. I've read the thread on the BNO055, and tried adding some delays in the start sequence. It did not resolve the problem. On the 4.0, if I build...
Back