Search results

1. K

General unsage of the DACs on Teensy 3.5

I have just been experimenting with the DACs myself the past few days. You can certainly get an audible signal straight out of them, but it won't be strong. If you add: "dacs1.analogReference(EXTERNAL);" it will boost it up to 3.3v IIRC. It was suggested to me in a post I made a few days...
  2. K

Teensy 3.6 Sine -> DAC cannot change frequency

That's good advice, thanks.
  3. K

Guys, thank you so much. Both Paul and defragster's programs show that both my DACs are still functional and working as expected. It was just the missing AudioMemory line (which was silly, as I had that in earlier programs). This has been a valuable learning experience, and the support I've...
  4. K

You guys are going to laugh at me... I found out that red LED I had was one of those self-blinking ones - hence why the frequency was stuck! I took defragster's advice and wired the dac0 and dac1 to A0 and A1, respectively. I also removed all other wires / LED. This program creates the output...
  5. K

Here is a photo of the same:
  6. K

Sighs... well that sucks... and raises a few questions: 1) If I decided to use the Audio shield, would it still function with the blown DAC on the Teensy? 2) Could I repurpose some of the analog input / output pins for audio processing? ie: analogRead a mono signal on one, do some work...
  7. K

Okay, well that's really weird then, cos I have the exact code above. Here's a video showing my wiring and the flash frequency, just in case I'm doing something wrong there: https://photos.app.goo.gl/C6Dv6MJ2j6CVej5u6
  8. K

Thanks for the reply. I made that change, but it has no effect: void setup() { AudioMemory(20); sine1.amplitude(1.0); sine1.frequency(5); // -- this does nothing }
  9. K

I have started experimenting with the Audio library. My experiment is to connect a very low frequency sine wave to the DAC0 and "listen" to it on a breadboard with an LED (ie: the LED blinks in time to the oscillations). Here is the code: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h>...
  10. K

I bought a Teensy today and can't get it working

Thanks for the response, Michael. Turns out I was using a bad USB cable. Grabbed another and it works correctly and I can upload my own programs now.
  11. K

I restarted and it gets further this time. It compiles successfully: Opening Teensy Loader... Sketch uses 10716 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1048576 bytes. Global variables use 3828 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 258316 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 262144...
  12. K

Teensy 3.6 arrived this afternoon. I've never used one before, nor Arduino or any other such thing. I am a coder though, so I'm not completely clueless. Anyway: - Plugged the little guy in, got the expected blinking LED - I followed the instructions here to setup the IDE (on Mac)...
Back