Search results

1. D

[queued] tape music invention VC REV-VAR LOOP

Hi. Check out my tape-loop machine! It can go very fast and has options to be modulated by synths, computers, etc. I'm using the Teensy for all the new controls. I'm a big fan of Teensy and it is working great! Here is the full write up of my current project: https://gofund.me/53eca2c9
  2. D

Teensy ADC fried?

now running Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.41. still not working. :( i guess i'll just buy a new one.
  3. D

Teensy ADC fried?

void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); } int val; void loop() { val = analogRead(14); Serial.print("analog reading is: "); Serial.println(val); delay(250); }
  4. D

Teensy ADC fried?

Forgive my ignorance about these terms, but maybe since this is an older Teensy 3.1 board, the Arduino 1.6.11 and Teensyduino 1.3 software have compatibility issues? Do I need to update anything?
  5. D

Teensy ADC fried?

I was trying to use pins 14-23 for analogRead originally. I just tested the underside A10 - A20. Same results for all, stuck on 1023. The 14-23 work fine as digitalRead. The only thing I did lately was solder a wire at the bottom 3.3V hole. Maybe heat killed the ADCs? Is it near there? I...
  6. D

Teensy ADC fried?

Hi. I'm trying to do an analogRead with an analog input pin and it keeps returning 1023, like it's stuck on high. I have three Teensys. Two 3.1s and one 3.2. Only one is doing this, so I assume it's not my code or wiring. I even just tried the input pin straight to analog ground to get a 0...
  7. D

digital output goes high on power up

ok, disregard. i fixed it. the problem was in the code. took forever to find. the pin was accidentally both assigned to pinmode output and an unused RX for an LCD. probably the mySerial command would trigger the 2N3904. oops! :o
  8. D

digital output goes high on power up

Hi. I'm having a problem with a digital output on the Teensy 3.1. During power up the digital output goes high for a small amount of time. My application can't have this. Reading some docs I saw that during power up all the pins are defaulted input and may be floating, causing my output circuit...
  9. D

help needed with replacing switch with circuit

i found some relays to do this. all set.
  10. D

help needed with replacing switch with circuit

Hi. Is it possible to replace this DPDT switch with something electronically switched by Teensy 3.1? Maybe a ssr or logic level mosfet? Could someone help with the circuit details if this is possible? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! * Here is some functional info about the circuit ...
  11. D

USB panel jack part

Hi. Is there a USB Cable, Micro-B to Female A Panel Mount Adapter? I see the USB Cable, Micro-B to Standard-B Panel Mount Adapter in the PJRC Store, but would really like Type A on the panel mount.
  12. D

push button causing noise on potentiometer reading

Ok. Thank you very much. The upper left jack input circuit will be getting signals from music synthesizers, so I don't think any operating power goes in there. They are usually just signals with 1k ohm impedance at their outputs. Thanks for the help.
  13. D

Gremlin - Do you know anything about decoupling? Right now this project doesn't have any capacitors on the power pins. Is there something I should do with the Vin, GND, AGND, and 3.3V? Thanks!
  14. D

Shoot. I guess I'll have to live with it, because it has to be compatible with other 1/4" jack connectors. Thanks!
  15. D

Cool! I switched to an all plastic control panel and now the push-button is fine. Next problem is a shorting jack on the panel. When plugging in a 1/4" cord, the tip (+control voltage) will temporarily touch the ground and make my adc readings jump a bit. Is this unavoidable - anyone? Check...
  16. D

I did the tests and everything was fine with a new push-button on the bread board. It ended up being an AGND sleeve connection on a jack mounted to a metal control panel. Not sure why the push-button would interact with the AGND and panel that way. Button wasn't connected to either of those...
  17. D

Hi. Could someone help me with this circuit? Every time the button is pressed I'm seeing voltage spikes on the potentiometer reading. The potentiometer uses 3.3V and AGND. It is sent through the opamp and into pin A4. 12 bit analog readings are working nice and stable until the button is...
  18. D

ResponsiveAnalogRead Library

I tried one pot with this library and one pot with the standard analogRead. I even tried putting a large delay between them. Is there some issue with trying to read multiple pins with the adc?
  19. D

Having some new trouble. Could someone try this out? I'm trying to read two pots at the same time with two objects from this library. The AnalogCVpot object will flip out sometimes if it is getting readings somewhere in the range of 1970-2000. If I delete all the second object code it works...
  20. D

Cool. Mine is updated now too. Working great! Thanks for testing. Forgot to mention I'm using a 100nF cap from the input pin to AGND, if anyone else is trying this. Have a good night.
  21. D

Good idea! Ya, I'm working with control voltage analog synthesizers and this library is really helping a lot. Glad I could contribute and not just ask questions for once. :p
  22. D

Looked at the rawValue fix. It said not tested and was written by someone else besides the original author, so I'm a little wary using it. Not really needed I guess. I just won't use it. Yep, keyword.txt just makes the keywords orange when writing the code. Not needed either. Just read about...
  23. D

Hi, Paul! Happy Holidays
  24. D

If you look at the keywords.txt file there is no enableEdgeSnap. Is this an error?
  25. D

Really impressed with the stability though! Rock solid 12 bits from a potentiometer. Higher bits are really not needed because you can't even turn that many fine steps with your hand physically.
  26. D

Problem #3 update : Serial.print(analog.getValue()); now prints values 1 to 4094 just add these lines to code : analogReadResolution(12); analog.enableEdgeSnap(); analog.setAnalogResolution(4096); That edge snap doesn't seem to be working. The values should print 0 to 4095. Raw value...
  27. D

Hi. I would like to share this really great library and also need some help with software problems. It is called ResponsiveAnalogRead and is used for eliminating noise in analogRead inputs without decreasing responsiveness. The theory and formulas look really impressive and would work great for...
  28. D

analogRead potentiometer jitter help

Hi, Jp. Thanks for answering! 1) I see, this makes sense. There will always be some tiny threshold that will cross over and round to a different value and jitter the last place. Is there a way to program this out? Maybe raise the bit resolution read at the pin and then scale back in code and...
  29. D

analogRead potentiometer jitter help

Hello. I'm trying to analogRead a 10K potentiometer. The results are not steady. The last value is jittering, for example between 3459 and 3460. I'm using the 3.3V at the bottom of the Teensy 3.1 and the AGND near the upper right. The pots center wiper is going into pin 18. I also have a 100nF...
  30. D

synth GATE input into Teensy 3.1 circuit

whoops, sorry. i was planning on using the MCP6002 op amp, but i'm open to any suggestions. thanks!
  31. D

synth GATE input into Teensy 3.1 circuit

Hi. I am trying to have a circuit for a synth GATE input into a Teensy 3.1. An analog synth GATE is somewhere from 2V-10V depending on what type of synthesizer you have. It is an off or on type of signal. What do you think of this schmitt trigger circuit? It is using the 3.3V power off the...
  32. D

help with analog input circuit

I was experimenting with NTE928M op amps, because I had some laying around. They don't seem to go close enough to the rail. Maybe around 1.24 V less. Does this seem right? I'll have to order the MCP6002 op amp probably.
  33. D

Cool. Thanks! Caps like this? What values do you think? :
  34. D

Does this look right?
  35. D

Nice! Just curious: The op amp spec sheet says the absolute max at the inputs are Vdd+.3. So if powered with 5V, that is only 5.3V. Sometimes my CV inputted will be +/-10 V. Could this fry the op amp if the attenuation and offset knobs are set wrong?
  36. D

Ok, great! I'll try that setup with the bias. This is getting a little complicated. Hopefully I can figure it out. If not can I just hire you to design it? lol One last question before I start breadboarding. The pot shown in the "PROC_ADC" circuit is the offset you were talking about, right...
  37. D

Awesome! Thank you! I'm reading and watching op amp tutorial videos right now. Slowly getting it. I'm sure it'll take some practice to get all the applications down. My setup doesn't have access to those higher power volts you were mentioning. It is only a +5.25V and 0V DC power supply powering...
  38. D

Hi, mxxx! Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at the Tides schematic and see if I can extract the section I need. Is this the exact files I should be looking at : ? https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack/tree/master/tides/hardware_design/pcb That first link has a ton of folders and not sure...
  39. D

I found this about standard impedance values for analog synths : Signal Input Impedance: 100K Signal Output Impedance: 1K So could someone explain what my circuit should be trying to do with impedance? I'm taking a synth CV signal and inputting it into the Teensy. Thanks!
  40. D

Hi, Ben. Good clean layout. I like that switch right at the input. Much easier. Thanks a lot!
  41. D

Hi, Paul. Thanks for the detailed tips! Awesome! I'll try to do more research and address these issues. I'm not too good with impedance theory. Not sure if the synth CV signals I will be sending to this circuit are high or low impedance standard. And not sure which (high or low) I should try to...
  42. D

Hi, Gremlin. Thanks for the response! It sounds like using op amps is the better way to go. Unfortunately I don't know a lot about them. Are there any basic op amp circuits that could work for my application that I could start to experiment with?
  43. D

Hi. Could someone review this circuit and let me know if it looks ok? This project has a jack where you can plug in a 1/4" cable. Sometimes the cable will be sending a ±10V DC signal and other times it will only be sending a 0 to +5V DC signal. I would like to have a rotary DP3T switch dial to...
  44. D

3 power supplies with Teensy 3.1 help

ahh..this is exactly right. it is a tape recorder and right at this chassis connection point is a GND out nut connection on the back of the machine. the manual says it is for connecting other machine GNDs. ok, so with my new setup, any other machine sending input if it has a PE it will be fine...
  45. D

I see. I think I'm going to update it to have chassis connected to the PE. Safer. Last question. :) Why would the original designers even connect to the chassis? There is already that common point on the PCB that has all the grounds connected. Nothing runs through the chassis. Thanks for your...
  46. D

Great! Thanks for the informative details. Will do. I've heard so many conflicting ways to do this. So forgive me if I keep asking questions about it. The original reel to reel only had the two wire AC input type. No PE connection. They kept all their jacks isolated, but did group all their...
  47. D

Ok, that sounds like it should work. If I add a DC/DC converter to my existing reel-to-reel power supply and run the Teensy from that. As long as you think the isolation is adequate enough. An Omron relay and solenoid are being powered off that same rectified winding. I will have flyback diodes...
  48. D

Ideally what I would like is that whole orange/white/orange area regulated along with an extra regulated 5V output. so : @ the cathodes of D16 & D17 is the #1 spot DC V that needs regulation @ the cathode of D7 is the #2 spot DC V that needs regulation @ point 13 is the #3 spot DC V that...
  49. D

Ok. Here is the full circuit I'm using. Coming off of Orange/White/Orange of the transformer is a rectified DC power for switching relays and a solenoid. It is unregulated so the volts do jump around a bit depending on what load is activated. Could I somehow also power the Teensy off this...
  50. D

I wonder if I could get rid of power supply #3 (the wall wart) and use #2 to also power the Teensy? Is there anyway to tell how many amps an old transformer can put out? I don't have access to the transformer specs. The original applications were using all the windings on this transformer...
Back