Search results

1. Q

Teensy 3 Upgrade

While it should be possible for you to buy a teensy3 and rework the board with a 256VLH7 instead, I think asking Paul to do it for you is a bit much. I think he has enough on his plate without him building custom hardware for people as well.
  2. Q

Teensy 3.0 - driving an SSD1289 with utft

At this point in time IMHO it's either a bad display, or wiring issues, possibly caused due to incorrect pinouts listed. If it was me, the next step would be to separate the LCD from the adapter board where you can get to the 37 pin ribbon cable coming out of the LCD, then get an ohm meter and...
  3. Q

i'm honestly at a loss as to what to suggest. About the only things that come to mine is to try the library I posted earlier in the thread.. It SHOULD be the same as the one dawnmist posted, except that its just hard coded for pins 0-15 without using defines. And also, to double or triple check...
  4. Q

In my testing, I was using the demo example sketch included in utft/arm for 320x240. I haven't personally used dawnmist's library, just the one I modified, but from looking at it, changing the 'if 0' to 'if 1' in hw_teensy3.h should be all you have to do. You want to make sure when you...
  5. Q

CAR Systems control with TEENSY (ROOPOD)

One thing i'll mention about turn signal cancels.. One of the reasons cars still use mechanical cam based cancels is that it's still the cheapest and easiest way to go about it, especially when your turn signal switch is mechanical as well, as it is in pretty much every car i've ever seen. To...
  6. Q

First, while pin 13 does have the LED on it, there's no reason to skip it. it doesn't interfere with normal pin usage. I'd advise sticking to 0-15 just for simplicity sake to get the display working initially. After you get it working once, and know the hardware itself is functioning, you can...
  7. Q

Teensy++ 2: rebooting instead of uploading code

Dumb question, but would cycling power to the teensy not accomplish the same thing?
  8. Q

teensy 3.0 hardware questions

I think it's 18mA. 9mA is for the low power version of the ARM chip. I know my teensy 3 has no issues with directly driving normal visible LED's. You will have to keep in mind that the outputs on the teensy 3 are 3.3v though.
  9. Q

The battle between Teensy 3 vs MBED Freescale Freedom - who will win?

Hey now. The more blinky lights, the better. IMHO. :rolleyes:
  10. Q

touchRead values going backwards?

Well this video shows it's possible, though it's a different product. I think they're trying to sell their ucontrollers so there aren't a lot of details. My guess is the conductive adhesive is probably the key to making it work through relatively thick plastic...
  11. Q

Soldering LED strips back together

Flux is your friend, so long as you don't go overboard. Otherwise it can get messy in a hurry. In which case flux remover comes in handy. :D Also I should warn that high iron temps will eat your tips faster as well, especially copper ones, So always make sure to keep them well tinned.
  12. Q

PIP-GRL 31415 (not spam!)

You should be advised that your display is not like the ILI9325 ZTiK used. the SSD1289 displays like that use a 16bit parallel interface, instead of an 8bit interface like the one ZTiK used. Also touch on the one you ordered will work differently as well.. These ebay SSD1299 displays.. at least...
  13. Q

The high heat is actually to prevent damage to the strip most likely. It lets you heat one little localised area of the strip (the solder pads) fast enough to melt the solder without requiring the iron to be held on the strip long enough for the heat to propagate elsewhere on the strip.
  14. Q

Have you tried reinforcing the solder joints with something? Small pieces of solder wick, etc?
  15. Q

Encoder Simulator

The ramp should be doable by PWMing a pair of transistors across +/- 10V rails with a non-polarized cap smooth the output would it not? Pretty much half of an H-bridge.
  16. Q

Power Supply and other questions for Teensy 3, Motor, LCD, and Ethernet

IMHO you're going to need 3 voltages for your project. 3.3v 5v and 6v. It MIGHT be possible to power the wiz820io off the teensy3's 3.3v regulator, which will save you a voltage regulator in the project, but i'm not sure i'd risk it since the wiz820io datasheet says current draw is 120mA and...
  17. Q

reset to different USB config

I remember seeing a thread similar to this in the past, and it ended up being an android issue. I'm not sure if a workaround was ever found. I'll dig and see if I can find it again. It was either here or in project guidance.
  18. Q

Programing the teensy

I think you will likely need to vastly expand the information you have offered before anyone will be able to help you much. What OS are you using? Have you installed the arduino IDE and teensyduino? etc.
  19. Q

Joystick emulation with mouse

I think it's backwards. He wants to physically use a mouse, but have the teensy emulate a joystick. Though I don't understand the 'ease of use' aspect he metions. Seems like an actual joystick would just as easy to use as a mouse.
  20. Q

confused again. Cutting VIN from VUSB - Teensy 3.0

It's not really battery drain I was talking about. It was actual LED brightness and the LPD8806 IC's performance when your voltages get that low. Like I said. You'll just have to test it and see if it's suitable to your needs.. Just remember, as your batteries drain, your LED's will get more...
  21. Q

Ok. if your only trying to power your microcontroller, etc off the boost converter, 200-300mA is probably plenty. I was under the assumption you were powering LED's and all from it. About the only thing I can think of to watch out for is low voltage. You need to see how your LED's are going...
  22. Q

Yes. Though you also need a diode on the battery side as well. What this accomplishes is isolating the battery and the USB from each other. It prevents the battery voltage from ever getting to the USB header, and prevents the USB 5V from charging the battery in an unregulated manner (which is...
  23. Q

Since i'm late jumping into this, so i'll start with the original post and we'll go from there. By default on the teensy, Vcc is connected to the USB Vin. This allows the teensy to be powered by the 5v line present on the USB port. When you cut that pad, you separate Vcc from the USB's 5v...
  24. Q

Has anyone used the sparkful LiPO fuel gauge with the Teensy 3.0?

It looks like all you need to do is separate the battery input from Vcc, and then connect Vcc to the teensy3's 3.3v output. They're powering the chip from the battery apparently, when in your situation, it doesn't need to be. You need to power the gauge with the teensy3 instead of the...
  25. Q

Is this on a breadboard? The issue could be an intermittent data line instead of a swapped one as well. The other option is that you have a bad display. Beyond that, I really have no idea. the function seems to work fine in my setup here.
  26. Q

Just tested on mine. This code runs as expected, so I don't think the problem is the setColor() function of the library, at least, not with the UTFT library I have anyway. You might try double checking your wiring again. When I had data bits swapped originally, the red on my display kind of...
  27. Q

place to buy speakers

Yeah parts express is pretty much the go to place for anything speaker related. I even had a reseller account at one point, since I bought so much stuff from them heh.
  28. Q

Are you remembering to pull the RD pin on the LCD high? **edit. nevermind, you beat me to it.** On the backlight issue. That really depends on what the LCD breakout board (the PCB the LCD is actually attached to) is doing with the LED's. I can't really say for certain because it varies from...
  29. Q

WS2811 on Teensy 3.0 using FastSPI_LED library

From looking at the library code, and what little I know about it, I think your wallet will be the primary limiting factor in the number of teensy3's/LED's in your project, and after that, would be USB bus bandwidth, which can be worked around by adding more root USB ports to the host machine...
  30. Q

It's none of those. if your display is a SSD1289, it should be defined as a SSD1289 to UTFT. The interface IC name is what get's passed to UTFT, not the lcd model. As dawnmist said, the line should read something like: UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,20,21,22,23); I haven't done much since my last...
  31. Q

Teensy 2.0 ++ or 3.0

I think the basic code manipulating RGB values would be about the same, the differences between actually using 8906 vs 2811's would likely be the underlying interface functions/libraries, and addressing. And also, the primary difference between the actual usability of teensy2 vs teensy3 is the...
  32. Q

AVR Emulation on teensy 3.0

You might want to have a look at this thread then. http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/17532-Tutorial-on-digital-I-O-ATMega-PIN-PORT-DDR-D-B-registers-vs-ARM-GPIO_PDIR-_PDOR
  33. Q

It really shouldn't matter for the lengths involved. Wire size should only matter in two situations. Long wiring runs, or dealing with significant amounts of current. The latter is mostly irrelevant, since the teensy itself isn't capable of sourcing significant amounts of current, and...
  34. Q

Multiple virtual MIDI ports over USB with Teensy 2.0? (Or 3.0?)

No silly. He means IRIX, OS/2 and OpenVMS of course.
  35. Q

Teensy 2.0 Teensy Loader Error

Have you tried a different USB port and cable just to rule those out as well?
  36. Q

Reset button & reset pin

You can temporarily get around your problem by just adding another button on your breadboard that connects the program pin to ground. This is the same thing the button on the teensy3 does.
  37. Q

Blink 2 leds with MCP23016 I/O expander

Congrats on the progress, but even a $25 logic probe can be invaluable. Useful test equipment doesn't always have to be expensive. If you were here in the states i'd suggest just getting a cheap surplus tektronix scope from a local hamfest.. But i'm not really sure that'd be an option for you...
  38. Q

Blink 2 leds with MCP23016 I/O expander

What kind of test equipment do you have? I'm not sure about the code aspect, but verifying the clock is present on the port expander will at minimum require a logic probe so you can verify there are pulses present on the TP pin. Though you'd need a scope or a logic analyzer to see exactly what...
  39. Q

USB device not recognized after changing Analog port #define

Yes. the TFT will be using digital signals, even though the pins you used originally supported analog as well. A10-A13 on the teensy3 are analog only. Those pins don't support digital functions, and thus, won't work for driving anything requiring digital IO, like an LCD.
  40. Q

Teensy 3.0 -> Small-Scale Production

You'll have to ask Paul.. However, in my past experiences, having users do things like firmware flashing is in general, a really bad idea.
  41. Q

Dual Teensy Keyboards help....

Well, i'm assuming you'd have the teensy's emulating USB keyboards, so since you're using two teensys, isolation shouldn't be an issue on the PC side. It shouldn't matter if you have one SPST feeding inputs on both teensy's or not, though you'd have to pick one or the other teensy to drive the...
  42. Q

Dual Teensy Keyboards help....

Seems to me you're hardware is overly complex for what you're trying to do. The teensy's are perfectly capable of directly using button inputs and driving LED's. The code and wiring to do this is actually in the tutorials. It seems like you'd need very little hardware other than three push...
  43. Q

I haven't really delved into much else other than just getting the display working yet, though the touchscreen is next on my list, once I bring out the bottom pads on the teensy so I can free up the SPI pins
  44. Q

A pinMode(20,OUTPUT) should fix it. However i'm not sure where the best place to add it would be since it's set in the UTFT teensy hardware define already.. Is the SPI library getting initialized later and overwriting it? Also, have you had issues with UTFT's drawRect function not drawing...
  45. Q

I only used 1-15 for simplicity's sake to get the display working. When I actually start my project, they won't be using those particular pins. Also, do you think there are any performance improvements to be had in converting to direct register addressing instead of digitalWriteFast() for each...
  46. Q

Something I just remembered. In that library I posted. all controllers other than SSD1289's are disabled. if you try it and have something other than a SSD1289, you'll have to edit memorysaver.h and comment out the appropriate disables.
  47. Q

WS2811 on Teensy 3.0 using FastSPI_LED library

Isn't Paul working on a WS2811 library using DMA as well?
  48. Q

clock, Din, Dout, and TWO CS pins. I had assumed that people who knew how SPI worked would understand what I was talking about. But I guess what they say about making assumptions is true.
  49. Q

that's just a demo example that comes with the library. I didn't mess with it much beyond getting it working.
  50. Q

Not sure what changed. I went through and set the D0-D15 pins to 0-15 on the teensy3, and put the RS WR CS & reset on 20-23 just for simplicity sake before posting the library, and when I rewired the display to match the pinout, the damn thing worked right. lol. I most likely had some data...
Back