Search results

1. F

New PCBs: Multimeter reads a short if Potentiometers are maxed but are isolated

Update. Mark, I ended up ordering new solder that uses silver in it. The previous one just would not create a solid connection, regardless of the temperature or flux used. Even on a separate perf board, I just couldnt get that other spool to work well. After changing solder, the problem ended...
  2. F

Ah, I forgot to annotate that the pots are connected to a 3.3v trace up above. It got cropped when I was trying to decrease the image file size. Right now Vcc isnt even hooked up, but that's what I was wondering as well. What's triggering a "short" is a very small Ohms value, like 10-25...
  3. F

OK. Got the files small enough! Back View, without pots connected. Indicates the through-holes and ground fill connection for back at the teensy area. (No shorts or anything when checking the pcb from JLCPCB). Back View, with pots connected. The soldering job isnt pretty, but I can confirm...
  4. F

Hello, I just got some new PCBs in and have run into an odd scenario that I have not experienced before. I have tried uploading photos of the annotated boards, but it keeps saying the upload has failed. Upon receiving the PCBs, I checked all of the through hole connections to make sure that...
  5. F

Using 5v Rotary Encoders with Teensy 4.1

Just figured I would reply back here to round out the original problem/discussion. 1) Everything worked fine with the cleanly soldered Teensy's, not the butchered test one, which I was suspecting form the beginning. Code is purring away, and everything worked like a charm on the final PCBs. 2)...
  6. F

Update: It was indeed a combo of hardware issues. 1) It looks like the GND on the left side of my test teensy doesnt work as intended. It was purchased without pins, so this is most likely this is due to the soldering connections. Luckily, the other GND on the right side works fine. This is a...
  7. F

Thanks Paul, I did not realize that I typed 1k instead of 10k. I was looking to go back and edit the original post with a clarification of the error you pointed out, but if someone reads through the thread, they'll eventually hit this. I completely missed it when I posted. That's what I get for...
  8. F

Ya, I tried doing that up until now, but it reacts hit or miss. I was purely checking to see if the encoder was enough to pull the pin down to 0, just using digital read here, so library agnostic, and the encoder on its own seemed unable to pull the voltage of the pin back down to gnd. Checked...
  9. F

Are you using the internal pullups in addition to the 10k pull ups, or just sticking with the physical components for pullup and decoupling? With the encoders being rated to 5v, I havent tried hooking them up to the 3.3v, but I dont see there being a problem since they are only pulling the pins...
  10. F

Hello, I'm currently working on a midi controller sketch that needs to use some rotary encoders. I ended up going with the Alps EC12E24104A6, 24 pulse no detents, as I like the feel. Data sheet https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/15/EC12E-1370769.pdf What is the best way of hooking these up to...
Back