Search results

1. W

Teensy 3.1 without arduino IDE

Mike, your page currently returns an error "Unable to establish a database connection", rather than an actual web page.
  2. W

Using hardware SPI on Teensy 3 Audio Shield

Wait, where did I say anything about pins 4 and 5?? Do you mean the OP, "charred"? For what it's worth, I have a board at home with the teensy+audio board that uses FastLED and also SPI for a display, which works fine on the SPI pin configuration I mention above. It's not currently using FFTs...
  3. W

Try hooking up stuff to use: * MOSI from pin 7 * CS on pin 6 * CLK on pin 14 and see if that helps?
  4. W

Hi, The audio board re-arranges the pin outs a bit on the Teensy.. I see that the SPI MOSI pin (data 11) is now MCLK, which is used by the audio chipset. So perhaps that is what is causing all the audio read to be zero?
  5. W

Audio Library

I'm fairly sure it doesn't -- I've been able to use the reset button on my Teensy 3.1 w/audio board just fine.
  6. W

Audio Library

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I discovered that by changing my code to use the FastLED (ver 2.1) library to control the LEDs, the problem of distorted audio went away. My guess is that the Adafruit_Neopixel library was halting interrupts and causing the problem that way? (I...
  7. W

Audio Library

At 871 Hz exactly, at the highest level I can produce from a phone output (ie. probably sub-line-leve), I get: 80, 85, 106, 152, 307, 5881, 341, 162, 104, 79 Curiously, though, if I go to say 899 Hz, I then get a somewhat-smeared output of: 333, 349, 412, 550, 981, 5463, 671, 438, 324, 259...
  8. W

Audio Library

Running a test with no LED libraries running, and an 800 Hz test tone via line-in, I get the following output in the bins when using AudioAnalyzeFFT256 myFFT(15, NULL): 105, 120, 140, 220, 560, 998, 264, 155, 109, 86, 70 So there is a *bit* of a peak around the right place, but it's nowhere...
  9. W

Audio Library

By the way - when using the Adafruit_Neopixel library, plus the teensy Audio library, the audio I hear throw the audio board's output jack is terribly distorted. If I comment out strip.show() in my code though, it sounds fine. I wonder if that has something to do with my audio FFT problems? :(
  10. W

Audio Library

Quick reply for now - I've been interstate for a friend's wedding for a few days, and just came home and started reading mail. I've been using real audio-in rather than the in-library sound generation; I should check my cables and soldering in case there's something adding noise there. I'm using...
  11. W

Audio Library

Sorry to bother you, but again, is it OK that you're passing q15 data into something like multiply_16tx16t_add_16bx16b() which is asking for uint32_t parameters? I'm just looking over the code and trying to work out why I'm getting more noise than signal as results :(
  12. W

Audio Library

Yeah, I was looking at that -- 1) why do you use an unsigned-int pointer if the data is signed? That just seems counter-intuitive to me. I'm not an expert in C/C++ though. Does the conversion work OK? 2) Is q15 (the fft input/output) compatible with the signed-16bit-declared-as-unsigned format...
  13. W

Audio Library

Looking at the current ( ab3b21ec ) version of analyze_fft256.cpp, I'm wondering where the conversion from the audio data format is done to the Q15 data format used by the DSP's fft routine? (Or if, indeed, any conversion needs to be done at all?) I see the audio data comes in on uint16_t data...
  14. W

Audio Library

Hi, I'm using a Teensy 3.1 and the Audio board and library to do capture audio and run FFT over it. This is using the default 44100 (I think?) sampling rate, and the FFT256 with naverage set to various values from 1 to 20. The results coming back are odd though -- when playing a clean, single...
  15. W

Teensy 3.1 without arduino IDE

I would love it if someone could patch https://github.com/sudar/Arduino-Makefile to support the Teensy 3.x I know it's old-fashioned, but I use a low-powered little laptop with Linux and vim as my editor, and it works really well for me for Arduino development. I dislike having to switch back to...
  16. W

T3: linking libarm_cortexM3l_math.a

Oh, sorry about that. There was nothing special in it, just a huge array of floats that is used as the input to the fft function. In the original it was 2048 entries, but I had to reduce it to half that in order for everything to fit in memory.
  17. W

The Cortex M4 has a DSP that provides a lot of functions, many of which are available in single-precision floating point. I thought those *were* performed in hardware by the DSP, even though the general CPU doesn't have a hardware floating point system I note that the chip only has 16kb to play...
  18. W

I think it's a good idea to add this to Teensyduino. Note that there are some other headers that arm_math.h depends on, such as arm_common_table.h, core_cm4.h, etc. You probably are aware, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  19. W

Wow, I wish I'd known that before hacking everything up myself! >.< On another related topic though.. The version of the Cortex M4 library that I found packaged with Arduino IDE 1.5.1 was quite old; it only supports now-deprecated FFT functions. I don't suppose anyone has a newer version available?
  20. W

chmod +x Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/arm-none-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
  21. W

I thought that's what I said earlier today! I guess it wasn't very clear. Sorry.
  22. W

Ah, perhaps it wasn't clear from what I wrote, but when I was mentioning directories called "ide-1.0.5" and "ide-1.5.2" I was referring to those versions of the Arduino IDE. ie. I've downloaded both versions, and installed them separately. Then I've run teensyduino and installed it into the...
  23. W

Did you read my two posts (#17 and #18) above yours? That's what you need to do. I think it should be the same on OSX as it was for me on Linux.
  24. W

By the way, some comments earlier were that only "mush" was coming out of the Cortex FFT routines. I've just run the sample arm data through both the Teensy and also libfftw on my Ubuntu desktop, and the results came up the same, albeit with less precision on the cortex, but I think that's just...
  25. W

OK, after some hassles with what I think were memory overruns, I've made a sketch that runs the FFT functions and completes. I thought I'd share the Perl script that monkey-patches the libraries into the command line as well in case that's useful to people. The perl script I mentioned is at...
  26. W

OK, replying to myself, but here's where I got up to, which didn't require recompiling the arduino java ide. Grab libarm_cortexM4l_math.a from the internet and copy it to your arduino folder, say into a 'lib' directory. From the Arduino IDE, cp...
  27. W

Teensy 3.0 DSP libraries?

Thanks! It hadn't shown up in my search results, but that looks like what I'm after.
  28. W

Teensy 3.0 DSP libraries?

Hi, I have a project that currently uses the BeagleBone with libfftw, as the AVR chips just don't have enough CPU grunt for the signal processing. However I was wondering if the Teensy 3.0 would suffice - I saw it has DSP functions in the Cortex M4 CPU. Are there any libraries available that can...
Back