arm-none-eabi-g++: fatal error: '-fuse-linker-plugin', but liblto_plugin.so not found

hemantkap

I created a docker file using https://github.com/knickish/teensy_docker

It was using an old teensy library 1.5.6 amd I modified the file to use 1.5.9 and changed some settings to choose the right compiler file.

I also modified the cmake to use -DTEENSYDUINO=159

When linking I get below error
arm-none-eabi-g++: fatal error: '-fuse-linker-plugin', but liblto_plugin.so not found

Any guidance is deeply appreciated.

But not sure how to fix this issue.
Any suggestions

In Arduino IDE, click File > Preferences and turn on verbose output during compile. When you compile, Arduino IDE will print the full compiler commands which have full pathnames. You can use this info to find the installed toolchain. You can also check your non-Arduino build process against the official PJRC-published build process.

In Arduino IDE, click File > Preferences and turn on verbose output during compile. When you compile, Arduino IDE will print the full compiler commands which have full pathnames. You can use this info to find the installed toolchain. You can also check your non-Arduino build process against the official PJRC-published build process.
Followed your suggestion and stuck with the same issue....
Futher investigation reveals below:

Older version of TeensyduinoInstall.linux64 (1.5.6) has following files:
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/arm/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/liblto_plugin.so.0
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/arm/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/liblto_plugin.so
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/arm/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so.0
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0

But with version 1.5.9, I get following:
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/arm/libexec/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/liblto_plugin.so
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so.0
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so
./arduino-1.8.19/hardware/tools/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/7.3.0/liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0

In latest one liblto_plugin.so.0 and liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0 are missing, do you reckon this might be an issue?

Back