Audio transfer line from External device to Teensy 4.0 to Headphones

yocode

Hey guys,

I am just getting into Teensy and I already have a project idea. The project will do a little more than this, but as of right now I am trying to get a sampling feed that can read audio from the external device (PC/Phone), send the data to my Teensy 4.0 (Where I will be doing some analysis/editing), and then output the same audio to my headphones.

I assume I am going to need to buy the REV D audio shield for this project, but can anyone help me find where I am supposed to line in audio on my Teensy? I'm having trouble finding how I can get the analog audio into the Teensy. I was hoping I could run this on my phone so let's say I'll run in the input from an iPhone dongle (3.5mm). And then output to headphones using the jack in the REV D.

Thank you, and please be patient if any of this sounds amateurish. I'm a highschooler trying to get into hobby electronics.

@yocode:

Welcome to the world of Teensy. You're really going to enjoy the capabilities !!

When using the Teensy Audio Adapter, the LINE IN & LINE OUT interfaces (in addition to the HEADPHONE) would be connected on the Audio Adapter (see the LINE IN / LINE OUT labeling at the top of this photo).

1706584541118.jpeg

Hope that helps . . . and, please feel free to ask any questions !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Just be aware that the headphone jack is for headphones/earbuds only, do not use it as a line output, it will not work.
G = ground, L = left, R = right for the line inputs and outputs BTW

@yocode:

Welcome to the world of Teensy. You're really going to enjoy the capabilities !!

When using the Teensy Audio Adapter, the LINE IN & LINE OUT interfaces (in addition to the HEADPHONE) would be connected on the Audio Adapter (see the LINE IN / LINE OUT labeling at the top of this photo).

View attachment 33097

Hope that helps . . . and, please feel free to ask any questions !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT
Ok simple enough! Thanks for the help.

The audio adaptor is great! It encapsulates so much of the audio IO stuff, that you just need to think about the signal processing on the Teensy.

Back