How to repair a broken-off Teensy 3.0 USB connector

I'm contemplating doing something similar with a T4.1 for an enclosure design with very limited space. I'd like for programming and power to be fed through this stock/primary micro USB connection.

Am I okay to desolder the Teensy's micro USB connector, cut a micro usb cable open, and solder GND, 5V, D+, and D- to the corresponding pins where the connector had been attached?

I ask because the D+ and D- have been wired to a T4.1 in this manner here, and I'm looking to solder all 4 wires as Paul explained in post #1.
Maybe this is a dumb question. My goal is to charge and program the Teensy 4.1 through the same signal path as is used "out-the-box". Can I simply wire a microUSB-B cable's D+, D-, GND, and 5V lines to the correponding pins beneath the connector once I remove it?

I've spliced a Powerboost 1000C by Adafruit into the USB cable, leaving data lines intact. This has worked in the past, but looking to save space in this enclosure.

On Teensy 4.1, yes, those small pads on the bottom side are connected to the USB device signals. Fine to connect that way.

On Teensy 4.0, no. They are the USB host signals (since the smaller board didn't have room), so don't try this on Teensy 4.0. (yeah, I know you asked about Teensy 4.1, but this is also meant to be an answer for people who later find it by search).

On Teensy 4.1, yes, those small pads on the bottom side are connected to the USB device signals. Fine to connect that way.

On Teensy 4.0, no. They are the USB host signals (since the smaller board didn't have room), so don't try this on Teensy 4.0. (yeah, I know you asked about Teensy 4.1, but this is also meant to be an answer for people who later find it by search).
Thanks Paul! Glad to confirm this.

Also good to know regarding the lack of this option on the T4.0

Back