Teensy 4.1 and teensy strip controller

Can somebody tell me if the teensy 4.1 will work with the teensy strip controller. It say this on the wiki site:
Firmware for a Teensy 3.1 or later to control WS2811/WS2812 based ledstrips. Fully compative with the DirectOutput Framework
And this:
Firmware for a Teensy 3.1/3.2 or Teensy 4.0 to control WS2811/WS2812 based ledstrips. Fully compatible with the DirectOutput Framework.

I see teensy 4.0 mentioned everywhere in forums and it works, but never 4.1 and I have been trying to get this to work for days with no luck. At least if I know it's possible I will keep trying. Is 4.1 that different than 4.0?
Thanks

A Teensy 4.0 uses the same microcontroller as a Teensy 4.1, so from a code perspective that shouldn't matter.
What does matter is that in the library I see a lot of registers being used that are specifically for a Teensy 3.1/3.2.

I just tried to compile the example and it fails big time:

1708280636711.png

You stated "I see teensy 4.0 mentioned everywhere in forums and it works". Well, it does not work with this library, I'm afraid.

Paul

Thank you for the quick response, sorry I couldn't respond yesterday as my internet went down. I noticed if I clicked the library link it took me to teensy strip controller 1.03. Is version 1.04 version at
https://github.com/Rappelbox/TeensyStripController/blob/master/README.md the one to get?
It looks like the library is different there but if you click on the firmware downloads link at the bottom, it takes you to the same place at github anyway as 1.03.
There are people who have got this to work at VP Universe but I don't really understand what they did. https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4550-does-teensy-40-and-octows2811-work-with-dof/
Any help is appreciated, at least if I know if it works on teensy 4.0 it will work on 4.1 would be a start.
Thank you.

Tried that so-called version 1.04 from Rappelbox but it throws the same amount of compile errors.
But you need to have another 1.04 version: this one from "fat-fred".
To download that version, don't use the link at the bottom of the page but click on the green <> Code button and "Download ZIP":

1708355760608.png

After downloading and unzipping, open the TeensyStripController.ino file:
1708355808762.png

And it compiles without errors for Teensy 4.0 and Teensy 4.1:

1708355586263.png

Ofcourse I don't know whether the code actually works, but it compiles fine.
Hope this helps.

Paul

I really appreciate all your help with this, but I don't understand how to do this. I keep this getting this error message and don't know what it means.

C:\Users\Jerry\Downloads\TeensyStripController-master\TeensyStripController\TeensyStripController.ino:52:10: fatal error: OctoWS2811Ext.h: No such file or directory
52 | #include "OctoWS2811Ext.h" //A slightly hacked version of the OctoWS2811 lib which allows for dynamic setting of the number of leds is used.
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

Compilation error: OctoWS2811Ext.h: No such file or directory

Yes, when I tried to upload it, it made another folder and put the .ino file in it by itself. Do I have to drop that missing OctoWS2811Ext.h file in there and the others too?

Yes, make sure that all 3 OctoWS2811Ext files are in the same directory as TeensyStripController.ino.
Close and re-open that ino and the 3 files will be shown in tabs as shown in my screendump above.

Paul

Yes, and it looks like it's going to work now, it has an orange light flashing which I never got before and it and it shows up in my device manager now too.
Thanks again Paul

Back