Where are the Teensy 4.1 Examples .ino files on a Mac?

popjones

I know these are available under File>Examples in the Teensyduino app, but I want to quickly browse the files on my drive.

On MacOS, the new Arduino IDE 2.3.x stores stuff in ~/Library/Arduino15. From Finder, "Library" is usually a hidden folder. I usually use terminal or remote login, so I'm not familiar enough with normal MacOS GUI usage to say how to access it. But hopefully knowing the pathname can help?

For the examples normally in File > Examples > Teensy, look at pathname ~/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/{version}/libraries/_Teensy/examples, where "{version}" is the version of the Teensy software you installed using Boards Manager. Today the latest is 1.59.0.

On Windows with a sketch open, do a 'Ctrl+K' [open source folder?] will do just that - I did it yesterday for a post ...

If it is an Example - at least on Windows - you can then navigate the installed location.

On MacOS, the new Arduino IDE 2.3.x stores stuff in ~/Library/Arduino15. From Finder, "Library" is usually a hidden folder. I usually use terminal or remote login, so I'm not familiar enough with normal MacOS GUI usage to say how to access it. But hopefully knowing the pathname can help?

For the examples normally in File > Examples > Teensy, look at pathname ~/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/{version}/libraries/_Teensy/examples, where "{version}" is the version of the Teensy software you installed using Boards Manager. Today the latest is 1.59.0.
Thanks Paul! Exactly right. Now to cause some trouble!

Back