Win8 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARMbasic

Actually have my Teensy loading programs on Win8, so that means Win8 likes it as an HID

But I'd like to get the serial port going, but while the USB Serial device shows up in the Device Manager, it has the drivers not installed with the triangle-! symbol, ie bg's middle finger

When I run serial-installer as an administrator I get a

SetupCopyOEMinf error with either "" or "UZUv^A" with charats, umlauts and other stuff. Another user posted a workaround for unsigned drivers, which if that is still the issue, I'll give that a try.

Any guidance, thanks...

Also tried running TeensyDuino install and got a similar error BUT...

I decided the old, disconnect all USB devices, restart and run with nothing else going on. As part of the restart process Win8.1 needed to do some updates (may have been related).

Anyway after the restart, Teensyduino did install correctly so I've got serial output from my test program.

When I run serial-installer as an administrator I get a

SetupCopyOEMinf error with either "" or "UZUv^A" with charats, umlauts and other stuff.

Get the latest version. This problem was fixed in Teensyduino 1.17.

Edit: the stand-alone serial installer still has the old version. Run the full Teensyduino installer. I'll update the stand-alone one in the next month or two, but it's a relatively low priority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back