Mixers and multiple sounds example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbb

When I try the Mixers and multiple sounds example and uncomment the fader code it does not work. I have added some println statements and this shows that code execution does not get beyond playing the second wav file.
The audio also has crackling sound on it.

Teensy 3.2 and audio board.
Other examples work OK.

I am running part 2-2 of the library tutorial, I have a SanDisk Ultra 16Gb micro sd hc 1, card I have also tried other cards all freshly formatted with files transferred individually with the same result.
I think that the code which was uncommented did run once when one of the songs ended, could it be there is a bottleneck reading the card?

I retested part 2-2, on the audio tutorial breadboard with Teensy 3.2.

It definitely is working. I recorded a quick video, so you can see how I tested and hear the result. The audio level in the video isn't great (I just turned the camera on and did a quick shot... good video production takes so much work....) Skip forward to 2:00 where I turned up the speaker volume. It's much easier to hear in that last part of the video.

I do not doubt that it will work I am trying to figure out why it isn't working for me. I have run the SD card test program in the hardware folder, it is showing over 100% of the audio period for reading 2 wav files so I presume this is too slow. I have tested the card speed on my PC which gives 33.5 Mb/s read speed I think this is a limitation of my card reader as this is the maximum for any card, it is also for a single file read, they also seem to be genuine SanDisk cards as far as I can tell.
The boards are stacked one above the other so there are no long leads either, I have ordered a class 10 card to see if it will work with that, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Nearly all SD cards are fast enough to play 2 files. It's probably not the SD card.

Try running File > Examples > Audio > Tutorial > TestTutorialKit. Open the serial monitor while it's running.

Does the A3 knob on your setup really work? The test should show the number change in the serial monitor as you turn the knob, down to under 50 when fully counterclockwise, and up to about 1000 when fully clockwise. And it should not change when you're not turning.

Pot is working, I have a new ultra SD which is almost working OK.
I have added some code to give the loop time.

if (playSdWav2.isPlaying() == false) {
Serial.println("Start playing 2");
playSdWav2.play("SDTEST4.WAV");
delay(10); // wait for library to parse WAV info
}
// uncomment this code to allow Knob A3 to pan between songs
tiime = millis();
looptime = tiime-oldtime;
Serial.print("Time to loop ");
Serial.println(looptime);
oldtime = tiime;

int knob = analogRead(A3); // knob = 0 to 1023
float gain1 = (float)knob / 1023.0;
float gain2 = 1.0 - gain1;

serial monitor output, time in ms :-
Time to loop 26

Time to loop 1056

Time to loop 3

Time to loop 44

Time to loop 9

Time to loop 11

Time to loop 2237

Time to loop 6

Time to loop 9

Time to loop 560

Time to loop 5

Time to loop 560

Time to loop 540

Time to loop 3

Time to loop 17

Time to loop 554

Time to loop 6

Time to loop 499

Time to loop 70

Time to loop 1120

Time to loop 1253

Time to loop 32

Time to loop 12

Time to loop 1201

Time to loop 14

Time to loop 32

Time to loop 21

Time to loop 3

Time to loop 29

Time to loop 5

Time to loop 3

Time to loop 12

Time to loop 17

Time to loop 1230

As you can see there are some long delays, it would seem that card access speed is the issue here, I am using arduino 1.8.12 could there be an issue with the SD library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back