collect2.exe: error: ld returned 5 exit status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BReeves

Merry Christmas....
Teensy 2.0 on XP computer trying to compile the sample code from the analog temperature monitor.

Code:
void setup()
{                
  Serial.begin(38400);
}

float code;
float celsius;
float fahrenheit;

void loop()                     
{
  code = analogRead(1);
  celsius = 25 + (code - 512) / 11.3;
  fahrenheit = celsius * 1.8 + 32;
  Serial.print("temperature: ");
  Serial.print(celsius);
  Serial.print(" Celsius, ");
  Serial.print(fahrenheit);
  Serial.println(" Fahrenheit");
  delay(1000);
}

Sorry about not using the Code tag but for some reason the tag links are not showing up for me. Running FireFox and not sure why.
This should compile just fine and I can get it to if I comment out the two SerialPrint celsius lines. I see nothing wrong, what am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version of Arduino & Teensyduino are you using? Click Help > About to check.

It compiles without any error when I try on Linux 64 bit. I no longer have a Windows XP test machine set up, but I could try on Windows 10 if needed...

Ya, 1.6.11, I'll update and see how it goes..I'm one of those that doesn't update software unless I have a problem that needs fixing. Too many times an update has caused me more grief than help :)
Thanks

That fixed it.. I had previously downloaded the latest versions of Arduino and Teensy for another computer but never updated this one.
Thanks a bunch...

Now if I could just figure out why the formatting links are not showing on this forum in FireFox I would be good. Pretty sure I am running the latest version of FireFox.

Now if I could just figure out why the formatting links are not showing on this forum in FireFox I would be good. Pretty sure I am running the latest version of FireFox.
Works for me with Firefox. The Quick reply (as well as the full edit) has the # button in it which is for code tags.

Of course you could do it the old fashion way as well:
type in {code} ... {/code} but use the [] instead of {} I typed so they would show up...

Well durn,
Downloaded and installed the latest version of FireFox and did a Refresh to set everything back to the default settings and still do not have the edit buttons. Only left is to try a restart with add in's disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back