Need help choosing the correct battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralCrunch

Hi

I need to choose a battery for my Teensy3.6-Waeable-Project.

Here is some criteria that it needs to have:

1) as small as possible
2) long duration and much power
2) need to be re-chargeable

.. nice to have would be

3) waterproof

.. as it comes to "2) long duration and much power" .. I can say thay I need to power

- one T 3.6
- up to three small OLED-Screens (maybe like those here: https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/SparkFun/LCD-14048?qs=5aG0NVq1C4zeTgokg0tyqA%3D%3D&vip=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImt6MuI6y5QIVBeN3Ch2gZA4oEAQYASABEgJD1fD_BwE)
- five WS2812-RGB-LEDs
- a Co2-Sensor
- a temperature-sensor
- a hearbeat-sensor
- maybe some more sensors :D

I have found some batterys but I don't know which to choose, maybe has experience with those and could help me?

.. I also think about simply connect a rechargeable 9V-Block.. but I also think about this guy here:
https://www.conrad.de/de/p/raspberry-pi-usv-raspberry-pi-arduino-banana-pi-cubieboard-raspberry-pi-3-b-raspberry-pi-3-b-raspberry-pi-1611053.html?WT.mc_id=google_pla&WT.srch=1&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIw_PBso-y5QIVlM13Ch2HIgtrEAQYBSABEgIIbfD_BwE:G:s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw_PBso-y5QIVlM13Ch2HIgtrEAQYBSABEgIIbfD_BwE&hk=SEM&s_kwcid=AL!222!3!367270211499!!!g!!

If you have nothing higher than give volts best option is probably a 5V battery bank. They will not be optimal but they come in many sizes/shapes and bypass challenges over getting all the parts to match together. If you have a sleep mode on the wearable the better designed ones will detect the low load and shut down, if this becomes a problem either find a cheaper version or program the code to very briefly blink the LEDs to reset the load monitoring.

If you have nothing higher than give volts best option is probably a 5V battery bank. They will not be optimal but they come in many sizes/shapes and bypass challenges over getting all the parts to match together. If you have a sleep mode on the wearable the better designed ones will detect the low load and shut down, if this becomes a problem either find a cheaper version or program the code to very briefly blink the LEDs to reset the load monitoring.
good point, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back