Remapping patchcords via external input

DReilly

Howdy,
Is it possible to remap patch cords via an external input?

If not, could it be possible for example to have a sine object with patch cords to 3 different efffects and be able to activate/deactivate the routing via a buttonpress? Ive attatched a SS of what im trying to say here from the Audiotool.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TALex.png
    TALex.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 29
Yes, from Teensyduino 1.57 onwards it is possible to disconnect and reconnect patchcords at run time. I'm not sure where the API is documented, but given your partial design, you could leave out all bar the top patchcord, then do patchcord1.disconnect() followed by patchcord1.connect(sine1,biquad1), for example.

How you trigger the change is of course entirely up to you and how you write your code! A set of buttons would be just one way; I've played with using OSC messages via the serial port. Do bear in mind that if the system is active when you switch you may well get quite large glitches, so it's probably a good plan to fade out before switching, and then fade back in, over the course of a few milliseconds. AudioEffectFade is your friend here.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it.
Those statements should be enough for me find something to get me going. Cheers for the heads up on switching active audio, My dog hates it when the speakers pop.

hehe yeah, i just threw that example together to get my point across simply, i didn't want to waste ppl's time with having to ask trivial questions about what im trying to do by bogging the question down with complexity.

Back