Okay, I have a question, I need to controll 6 servos for a costume wingpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehopper

I currently use a parallax serial servo controller with custom firmware I adapted to do what I want. but it does have issues, part of which I dont think I have my version of the source code anymore :) I'd like to switch to a teensy, part of my issue is I would love to actually be able to put neopixels or dotstars in the suit as well. so what is the best library to accomplish this task? teensy servo lib. or PWMservo. or something else? the servos will need to have signals at all times.
thanks for all help you give!

The normal Servo library works fine if you use WS2812Serial or OctoWS2811, or FastLED using either of those (which lets you use FastLED's many special color & rendering functions).

But if you use Adafruit's library or FastLED with its own built-in driver, then you would need PWMServo because those libraries block interrupts while updating the LEDs.

thanks paul, thats what I needed to know! I wont put the leds in yet, but I will be able to without rewriting the code a bit :) want to have the option available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back