Teensy mouse library (re: absolute position, Teensy 2.0, etc) and system HID reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofakng

I have a couple of questions...

1) Does anybody know why the "Teensy LC & 3.0 & 3.1 Only" support absolute positioning using the mouse library? I'm using a Teensy 2.0 and I see a third party library called NicoHID that appears to support absolute positioning on most Arduino compatible boards?

2) Is it possible to use the Teensy 2.0 to move the mouse cursor "off-screen" to effectively hide it? Usually moving it to an extreme corner of the screen (ie. lower-right) causes it to mostly disappear.

3) Are there any Teensy HID libraries that send system HID reports for wake/suspend/sleep/shutdown of the PC?

4) Can I use the mouse+keyboard+serial (over usb) at the same time?

1) Does anybody know why the "Teensy LC & 3.0 & 3.1 Only" support absolute positioning using the mouse library?

That code hasn't been back-ported to Teensy 2.0, and probably never will be.

2) Is it possible to use the Teensy 2.0 to move the mouse cursor "off-screen" to effectively hide it? Usually moving it to an extreme corner of the screen (ie. lower-right) causes it to mostly disappear.

Is this possible with any regular mouse? Why would Teensy acting as a mouse have special powers that a regular USB mouse does not?

3) Are there any Teensy HID libraries that send system HID reports for wake/suspend/sleep/shutdown of the PC?

You can send the "consumer" keys for power management, using Keyboard.press() & Keyboard.release().

USB remote wakeup is not supported.

4) Can I use the mouse+keyboard+serial (over usb) at the same time?

Yes.

OK - So it sounds like the Teensy 2.0 is capable but just doesn't have the necessary software? Could I use something like NicoHID for these features? (regardless, I've ordered an extra Teensy 3.2 but I'd like to use the Teensy 2.0 if possible at least for other similar projects)

As for the mouse cursor, I wasn't sure if something in the HID protocol allowed the cursor to disappear but apparently not. I guess I just need the ability to move to the cursor to a corner of the screen.

You mentioned that USB remote wakeup isn't supported. There seems to be a key code called KEY_SYSTEM_WAKE_UP (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_keyboard.html). Should that not be used?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back