Programming Teensy 3.6 through Host USB line

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw

Hi there,

I chose to use a Teensy 3.6 in my project because I wanted to break-out the USB lines on my PCB, so I could program the Teensy through the tracks on my PCB (which go to an alternate USB header, which pokes out of the enclosure I'm using).

Untitled.jpg

It's only come to my attention today, however, that this line isn't "in parallel" with the micro-usb port, it is in fact the host USB port. I can see on the board there is jumper-pads which allow the 5V power to be toggled between the host vs the device line. I'm wondering, however, is there some way to do a similar thing but with the data lines? I.e. my goal is to program the Teensy through these pins.

If not, I can always cut the tracks on top, use some fly-wire, and do something dodgy. It will ruin the Zo and Zdiff of the data lines, but it should function still I think. But yes - I was wondering if there was a more simple way of doing this.

Thanks!

you can use the D+ and D- pads under the main programming USB port, which you can see in the picture you posted above, you can use the GND and VIN pin for the voltage..

programming from the host port is not possible

you can use the D+ and D- pads under the main programming USB port, which you can see in the picture you posted above, you can use the GND and VIN pin for the voltage..

programming from the host port is not possible

Yeah I figured those two pads were for it. Sadly I don't think there's any nice way to tie those to the PCB, so that was my backup plan - tie those D+ and D- to some sort of flywire or other method. But yeah, just wondering if there was any other alternate so I could still nicely use female sockets and insert/remove the Teensy on the PCB.

ahhh you want a “drop in” board, if you trust pogo pins there exists breakout boards for the 3.5/3.6 that can not only bring out most if not all pins but also the pogo pins can bring the pads out too as well (not sure on the D+/- pad, need to check that), once installed, you can socket the teensy on top of it and thats it

theyre on tindie site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back