Help with Teensy 3.2 + Audio Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amandwato

I received the Teensy 3.2 and audio shield yesterday and ran a few of the hardware test examples as well as the tutorial examples but I had no luck in getting any output on the headphone jack, what am I doing wrong? I watched the video below: https://youtu.be/wqt55OAabVs But I currently have no buttons or pots hooked up to the Teensy, will I not hear anything without the volume pot? If so is there a schematic somewhere for the circuit they're using in that video?

You're successfully programming the board with Part_1_02_Hardware_Test, right?

Once that's programmed, you should hear the beep sound every 2 seconds. No beep means something isn't connected properly. Even if all the buttons and pots are missing, you're still supposed to hear the beeps. You'll probably also see an endless stream of messages in the Arduino Serial Monitor about the pots changing due to random noise if nothing is connected to those pins. But the headphones should still beep.

Post some photos showing how you've actually connected everything. Odds are it's just a simple mistake. Maybe we'll be able to spot what's wrong from photos?

Screenshot_2017-02-17_12-48-49.jpgIMG_20170217_124537.jpg

Thank you so much for your very timely response, Paul! Hopefully it's something silly and easy I'm missing. I tried playing around with the sgtl5000_1.volume value as well to no avail.

Are all the solder connections good between the Teensy and audio shield? The top side with Teensy looks great. Can't see the bottom side in this photo.

I actually haven't soldered it yet, could this be causing it? I figured it was making a connection through the inner part of the through-hole-- maybe this isn't true, what an embarrassment.
IMG_20170217_130149.jpg

A lot of people assume that so it's nothing to be embarrassed about, everyone has to learn that at some point. The odds of all the pins making good contact at any one time is low with out good solder joints. The breadboard gets away with it because they are spring loaded to the sides of the pins.

Well, thank you guys, DaQue and Paul, I'm glad there's a supportive community for this! I'll be soldering it tomorrow and trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back