[posted] Teensy Powered - HD Radio

roomtek

Hello,

I am working on an almost complete digital radio (HD Radio). I have the hardware design already completed, but now working on the HD radio functionality aspect of the project. As you may or may not know HD radio only applies to North America, but RDS is working perfectly too. I will be able to release more information as I near the completion. 180 Mhz of the Teensy 3.6 is awesome!
IMG_3339.JPGIMG_3340.JPGIMG_3341.JPG

Features:
FM / AM Radio
HD Radio + Artist Experience (Album Art and Station Logos)
Stereo Recording of Radio Program (WAV files, 16bit - 44.1k)
Alarm Clock
Stereo Audio + Digital Audio over USB connection
IPS Display (super viewing angles)
Great Audio - PCM5122 DAC

Attachments

• IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Yes. Once I get some kind of certification from ibiquity, then I may be able to sell it as a whole product. The hardware and schematics will be open source

I also plan to make a portable version with the same functionality, but I have no clue on how to add a charging circuit / battery to the whole mix:

f5d91f11c3f8a6dc57eac5294d3c8987.jpg

I able able to draw very low current using the Snooze library, so standyby time should be great, and the whole circuit draws about 150mA when running with earphones plugged.

Did this thread look interesting if you saw it?

I got an MCU board from onehorse - in a spot smaller than the size of a grain of rice from other version he dropped in a LIPO charger with LED for the board that already ran on one.

Did this thread look interesting if you saw it?

I got an MCU board from onehorse - in a spot smaller than the size of a grain of rice from other version he dropped in a LIPO charger with LED for the board that already ran on one.

Interesting post. I think I read up on the MAX1551. I will post more in the technical support forum for any other issues. I will probably need something that can give me just 3.3v from the battery, and can give me a battery level via I2C.

Thanks!!

Back