Overriding Core #defines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it works for you I'll copy that post to FrankB's thread.

Paul may want to change that ver# - but that is the way it was after TeensyDuino install. Not sure what it relates too - maybe it matters and just not updated...

Yes, probably wise. Maybe mention to FrankB that I tested it on Mac. Looked like he had no verification of operational success on Mac platform in the past.

Yes, probably wise. Maybe mention to FrankB that I tested it on Mac. Looked like he had no verification of operational success on Mac platform in the past.

Already posted there with notes reminding me how it is used.

Ick... a mAc :) - you can post there with an update - maybe with an example 'defs.h' of how it worked to solve your issue redefining within the core? And/or link to that new thread.

I just put a note on the 1.47 release thread about the Ver# in platform.txt for Paul's consideration.

ok, I'm going to test on T4 next to further verify the success of the technique. I'll want to enable an extra SPI slot first, so may take a moment or two extra time.

Success with a T4 on Mac, although just a simple test similar to yours.

I'm having trouble with one T4 though. I can't get it into program mode. I'll have to examine my pin soldering tomorrow, in daylight to see if I damaged anything.

Success with a T4 on Mac, although just a simple test similar to yours.

I'm having trouble with one T4 though. I can't get it into program mode. I'll have to examine my pin soldering tomorrow, in daylight to see if I damaged anything.

That's uncool! What is soldered where? Powered and button push doesn't turn on the RED bootloader LED?

Did I read you bottom soldered? If so check the CARD against the components near pads # 25,27 and 31,33

FWIW, as I posted in another thread, I rendered one of my T4's inoperable when I was trying to attach wires to the underneath pads. I'm pretty sure the problem was I extended pad #31 a little too far, and connected some of the SMT units. When I removed the wires and the solder, I was able to boot and program the T4.0 once again. I don't know if I wrecked anything in doing that. It could have also been pad #27 (on my first attempt the wires didn't attach to pads #27 and #31, and when I tried to re-solder them, it stopped turning on). I've manually tested the pads, and all are fine now except for pad #31.

So hopefully yours is as easy to fix as mine was.

That's uncool! What is soldered where? Powered and button push doesn't turn on the RED bootloader LED?

Did I read you bottom soldered? If so check the CARD against the components near pads # 25,27 and 31,33
Yes, soldered the underside carefully and attached a pin extension to connect the wires, so that I could use it on a breadboard directly. The work looked good so I expected it to work.

The working T4 also had a mishap. I soldered a thicker wire to it, but managed to rip the pad off when I tried to bend the wire to place. It my second more careful attempt that won't actually boot. See attached:
IMG_4693.jpeg
Left: attempt #2 (extension for SPI) Right: attempt #1 (ripped off pad 27)

For #2 I'll try to recover by desoldering the pads to see whether the wire itself it somehow causing problems. For #1 I might be able to reveal what remains of the connection to the pad. This is really hard though, but I have an idea. It seems easier to remove the copper than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back