Waveform Modulation Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

I have 2 sine waves going into a waveformMod. I was wondering is there any way to adjust the speed of the modulation?

Thanks,
Adam

You could use sine1.frequency() to increase the frequency of the modulating waveform.

Or if that doesn't meet your needs, maybe explain what you really mean by "speed of the modulation". We can help you much better when we understand what you're really wanting to accomplish. Without context, without understanding, only narrow technical answers are possible.

Sorry for being vague, if you watch the first 30 seconds of this clip you'll see the user adjusting a dial called 'Speed' and it seems to affect the speed at which it's modulating.

Also, i notice in the documentation for the waveformMod object it says at the bottom:

"Use only frequency modulation to vary the Sample & Hold waveform speed"

I know this is in regards to the Sample & Hold waveform, however what is waveform speed referring to here? And how would i go about accessing that.

if you watch the first 30 seconds of this clip you'll see the user adjusting a dial called 'Speed'

I can't read most of the words because the video is so blurry.

My first guess from just listening is this sort of sounds like an oscillator modulated by a sawtooth. But there's a lot going on. The demo shows more than one knob being changed at the same time, which really makes this difficult to figure out just by watching & listening (without being able to read the words). Sorry, I just can't tell from this video how this really works or what you'd do with the audio library to get a similar effect. But I'd suggest starting with wiring up several pots to analog pins and experiment with the modulator oscillator and adjust the frequency & amplitude of the modulating waveforms.

I can't read most of the words because the video is so blurry.

My first guess from just listening is this sort of sounds like an oscillator modulated by a sawtooth. But there's a lot going on. The demo shows more than one knob being changed at the same time, which really makes this difficult to figure out just by watching & listening (without being able to read the words). Sorry, I just can't tell from this video how this really works or what you'd do with the audio library to get a similar effect. But I'd suggest starting with wiring up several pots to analog pins and experiment with the modulator oscillator and adjust the frequency & amplitude of the modulating waveforms.

So yep, turns out I needed to adjust the frequency of one of the modulating waveforms.

I found a YouTube tutorial of what I wanted to do, but using Ableton. It was then really easy to apply the same principles to the Teensy Audio Library.

When you get the project built, hope you'll share some info about the synth techniques, maybe even a video demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back