Teensy 3.6 SD card during high energy impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregolive

I am working on a project that uses a Teensy 3.6 logging accelerometers for impact testing of a vehicle and cyclist, with the accelerometers and Teensy mounted inside the head of the dummy cyclist. During the testing there have been issues with saving the data to the uSD card and I think it is due to the high energy impacts affecting the friction fit uSD. The uSD card remains in the slot, however the pins must loose contact or something because the data logging fails. During the previous testing we were only able to capture data in 1 of 4 tests, so the issue does not occur every time. Does anyone know if there is an acceleration limit for using the on-board friction fit uSD card slot? Or maybe it could be an issue with the Teensy itself? Thanks in advance!

Friction fit anything is never great in anything doing shock loads. You probably need to either buffer through the event and the init the card once motion has ceased or look to soldered in flash. Is there any indication that the Teensy is loosing power during the impact, since any spring contacts in the power chain may also be causing excitement.

Friction fit anything is never great in anything doing shock loads. You probably need to either buffer through the event and the init the card once motion has ceased or look to soldered in flash. Is there any indication that the Teensy is loosing power during the impact, since any spring contacts in the power chain may also be causing excitement.

Thanks for the reply! I don't think it would be power, because all of the connections for that are soldered, but I'll double check the connections. For soldered in flash, would that be some sort of flash memory module shield? The sampling is at a high rate so I don't think the Teensy has enough on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back