[?] CS4270 and Teensy 3.6... Maybe it is too much as first experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

killkrt

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the audio codec CS4270 in my project, but I am very newbie with this stuff.

I've followed the suggested wiring (with decoupler and pull-up resistors) and I have tried to use the library I2C_t3 to make some basic experiments, just try to check if at least one I2C address of my AC is answering, but no luck, I always get I2C_ADDR_NAK.
So I am not sure if something is wrong with my wiring, soldering or code. :(

Maybe I should start with something more easier, one simple DAC with only one channel and make some experiments to get into I2C/I2S.

Could you suggest me some DAC easy (and maybe well documented) to play with? I am looking to something capable of at least 48KHz@16bit, it would be a plus if it can output a signal at 5V.

Thank you.

Could you suggest me some DAC easy (and maybe well documented) to play with?

The 2 DACs built into Teensy 3.6 are the easiest. You can use them with analogWrite() or the audio library. They're only 12 bits, but very easy because you get an analog signal right at the pin without any extra hardware.

Thanks for the quick answer, anyway I would like to use an external DAC with at least 16bit resolution and make some practice with I2C/I2S (or SPI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back