Teensy 4.1 using Arduino 2.0 IDE

Hello all, Newby here,

I am using several boards for different projects as I automate my brewing system. Like all projects of its kind, success breeds the desire to do do more and the project never quits growing!!
So I am past the UNO stage and am getting eye weary of the white screen in all Arduino IDE's up through1.8.13. Recently because of memory limitations, I bought a teensy 4.1. Haven't even began to challenge it's capabilities. And I've tried to make the dreaded "Two Changes at Once". I was looking for a new IDE that works well with with Arduino's, Red Board Turbo's, and the teensy 4.1, and has the ability to run the darker screen modes, and handles adding libraries as easily as the Arduino Library manager. I started with Stino and Sublime3 with mostly great success. Uses the 1.8.13 so the libraries I've added are accessible but adding new libraries hasn't worked out so well. Back to the .zip file method. But I stuck with it because Teensyduino works for the 4.1. After working with Visual Studio, Eclipse, Notpad++, Code Blocks, and so on, I have ended up with ATOM and Platformio. Has been a steep learning curve and is slow on this old desktop but.... it works and does every board and every library!! Thought I was home and then tried the Arduino 2.0 Beta. Certainly fills all my simple needs, libraries, dark screen BUT doesn't do the teensy 4.1.

So my question is, how can I incorporate teensyduino into the new Arduino 2.0????

Thanks in advance!
Preston

Hello Paul,

Wow!! Thanks for the fast response! Very much appreciated! Disappointing but appreciated!! I'll stick with ATOM for now. Any idea if or when it may be possible??

Visual micro works really well with Visual Studio and Arduino.
They call themselves ARDUINO IDE FOR VISUAL STUDIO.

Works really well and you can seamlessly go between Arduino IDE and Visual Studio (with Visual Micro).
It also has debug capabilities built in as well.

Hello BriComp,

Wow thanks for the info. I have tried Visual Studio and a Arduino plug in, But not Visual Micro?? It was kind of clunky work with and much slower than Atom with Platformio. Early on I tried Notpad++. several plugins didn't work well and just used it as an editor and did building and uploading from the Arduino IDE. Libraries were cumbersome. Are you saying that you do the same? Or is this an all inclusive IDE that I missed when I tried VS? Does this work with Teensy 4.1"s??

Thanks for the reply,
Preston

It's a plug in for Visual Studio which gives you a new VisualMicso (VMicro) Visual Studio drop down menu when installed.

Rather than try top explain all that's there I have included a screen dump of the VS command bar with an Arduino (Teensy) project open.
If it looks small on your computer just click on it and it should expand to give a better view.

Here is a link to VisualMicro. I agree about Visual Studio and it's plug in, I tried that as well before landing on VisualMicro.

I personally find it easier to use than PlatformIo.

vmicro header.jpg

Back