PlatformIO reboot issue when multiple boards connected using teensy-cli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

TLDR: Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code, PlatformIO extension and multiple Teensy (3.6) connected. When uploading the program to one Teensy (let's call it #1 on /dev/ttyACM1 port) with teensy-cli the second one (let's call it #2 on /dev/ttyACM0 port) is switched to bootloader mode along with #1. However, #1 is performing reset but #2 (this one, that is not actually programmed) isn't.

Explanation: In my platformio.ini file I have:
Code:
platform = teensy
board = teensy36
board_build.f_cpu = 240000000L

framework = arduino

upload_protocol = teensy-cli
upload_port = /dev/ttyACM1

When switched the upload_protocol to teensy-gui the upload_port settings is completely omitted.

The only way (that I found to work with upload_port settings) is to use teensy-cli, then the upload_port settings seem to work properly. But the Teensy Loader must be quit (when it was previously opened, if it is opened the tycommander says after all that board is missing).

However after uploading, the teensy tools (I think), all boards besides that one which is programmed are turned into bootloader mode (that's saying the tycommander from Karomix). So I have to use tycommander and click Reset which is not very efficient.

Is this a known issue or is there any workaround?

I've found using the TyCommander by koromix to be the general solution. It does uploading by Serial# and targets a specific device. Works from Arduino IDE and the VisualTeensy extension code by luni for VSCode. If you find that thread maybe the needed mods can be implemented. TyCommander replaces use of TeensyLoader (cli or gui) and prompts for one (or more with -multi) Teensy unit(s) to associate to the code for upload. Provides a great SerMon interface and the RESET other GUI elements you may have seen.

With TeensyDuino 1.42 or later the Arduino IDE has a way to tell the TeensyLoader GUI to target a specific device - but IIRC may still get confused if another online Teensy is in bootloader requiring reset as above. With no active TeensyLoader TyComm handles all of this well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back