BOM Teensy 4.0

I just would like to know some characteristics of the board. For example, what's lowest temperature that it can handle?

Thanks

what's lowest temperature that it can handle?

The IMXRT1062 chip is rated for commercial temperature range, so the lowest rated temperature is 0 celsius.

In practice, it can probably run quite a bit colder, but that's not guaranteed or tested in any way.

If you overclock the board a little bit, it heats up quite a bit. So in a well insulated case it might work - as long as it doesn't get so cold when switched off.

Thank you, is there a version that works at negative temperatures? -20°C? -40°C?

PJRC currently makes only one IMXRT-based product (Teensy 4.0) with this commercial temperature chip.

NXP does make a similar part with is rated for -40°C. But we do not use it on Teensy because it is more expensive and rated for only 528 MHz maximum speed.

I can confirm we had -30 temps here in winter recently and teensy 4.0 is running constantly in the car, on remote starts it enables the heated seats via canbus (because its always off on every start)

Teensy 3.5 was in my old car for 5yrs, freezing winters and boiling summers

The T4 is sitting on a breakout board inside an old atmega2560 black case with the vent cap removed

JPEG_20191213_142925.jpg
JPEG_20191213_131958.jpg

When the temps were really cold, there was crystal ice forming on the weathertech floor mats

Last edited:
Back