TeensyTyper - Teensy 2.0 script running dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoewert

I have made a few projects with my Teensy 2.0's. This is the first I can show off.

It is based off of some of the projects out there (though, pre the macro keyboard one).

http://www.goewert.org/2012/08/teensytyper-teensyduino-usb-keyboard.html

teensytyper.png

I just wanted a dongle that could run through several keyboard scripts to get me through typing some annoying sets of keys. I wanted it to fit in my pocket, in the same way a full sized keyboard doesn't.

Full source and breadboard schematics are on my github page.

https://github.com/jgoewert/TeensyTyper

Next up, my Star Wars Yoke to USB.

in the same way a full sized keyboard doesn't

'almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea' ;)

I understand that the 7 segment displays which script is running, do you select a script with the two buttons on the right side ('+1' and 'execute' button) ?

'almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea' ;)

I understand that the 7 segment displays which script is running, do you select a script with the two buttons on the right side ('+1' and 'execute' button) ?

Yes. The top button is select. The bottom button is execute. I pulse the dot on the 7-segment when it is is in "Waiting" mode and then it stays on while the script is running to give some visual feedback that it is working. I put that in because the systems I access disable the USB port by default and only turn it on in certain conditions. So, the box would get power and send keypresses, but the system would be ignoring it. I wanted to make sure I had some visual feedback to let me know my TeensyTyper was working to be able to troubleshoot and know when scripts finished.

In my edited version, I use script 1 to do a Windows logout-login by hitting the CTRL-ALT-DEL and pressing all the info in. My script 2 is a password that changes quarterly, but has a full list pre-generated until 2050 which I store in the EEPROM. Script 3 sets the marker for script 2 to use the next quarter. Script 4 steps back a quarter for script 2. Script 4 is just a hardcoded password that doesn't require any more keypresses.

I initially intended to wrap the USB cable inside the box, but most of the time, I just wrap it around the outside since it takes less time to do. I plan on making one that is smaller and use one of those springy cable auto-wrappers and get this down to USB memory stick size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back