New 2.8" TFT screens using new U2 touchscreen controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncabar

I've starting testing the newer TFT touchscreens that have the U2 touch controller and they are working very well with Paul's new ts.setRotation() that he added in 1.41... However, the new screens require ts.setRotation(3) whereas the old screens require ts.setRotation(1). Does anyone know of a way to interrogate the touch controller to know whether it's using the U1 or the newer U2 controller? I'd like to only have one firmware... i know it's only one line of code but I'll have customers using units with both screens and i'd prefer to have only one firmware download for updates.

Not sure if there is a way ...

You could use an EEPROM byte and interrogate the user on first usage or setup? Assuming once paired it will stay in place.

If unset display it - get the touch on "RED" - see which half of the screen it is on - rotate as needed and ask again. Then save the orientation for future use

TouchRed.png

Not sure if there is a way ...

You could use an EEPROM byte and interrogate the user on first usage or setup? Assuming once paired it will stay in place.

If unset display it - get the touch on "RED" - see which half of the screen it is on - rotate as needed and ask again. Then save the orientation for future use

View attachment 12864

Thank you defragster. That is a good work around... especially the idea for the calibration screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back