Teensy++ 2.0 3v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

grize

Hello,

I bought my first Teensy++ 2.0 about 2 weeks ago. I followed the guide (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/3volt.html) to modify the board for use at 3V3. However I found that after cutting the track between the two pads, there is still a short between them when measuring with my multimeter.

I found the schematic for the Teensy and after probing around I decided the short must be between two of the processor pins. After removing the processor the short went, however I lifted one of the pads when removing the processor so that board is now scrap.

I ordered a replacement Teensy and received it today. I went through the same steps to modify the board and after cutting the track between the pads I have the same problem with a short between the two pads.

Am I missing something here or is this a second faulty board? I haven't done anything else to it apart from cutting the track as indicated in the above guide. I used a microscope when removing the track so I am sure it is completely gone.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks

IMG_20170824_212506.jpgIMG_20170824_212725.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry I couldn't get a closer picture of the cut track. I am certain the track has been completely removed.

That's a counterfeit board.

I recommend returning it to get a refund. If the seller won't refund, contact Paypal or your bank. Usually that will return your money if the counterfeit was sold within the last 90 days (most credit cards) or 6 months (Paypal).

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have just contacted the seller and asked to return both boards for a refund.

I wish I had seen the list of official distributors on your site before i purchased. Lesson learned!

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back