23lc1024

vangalvin

This may be a silly question. I am waiting for my audio board to turn up. Shipping to NZ this time of year is real slow.

In the interim I have been using the teensy 3.2 to create a few effects, its destined to end up being used as a guitar effects pedal for my son. Totally love some of the features and how easy it is to build filters etc.

I have added an SD card adapter I had kicking around form another project, as usual i often order a spare just in case i let the magic smoke out of the first one :p

Anyway, I also happen to have a few 23LC1024 on hand so added one of these to the breadboard in the hope of being able to extend delay and mess around with the chorus however I am not sure if the library just uses these when one is available of if you have to initialize them? Eventually I may end up adding one of FrankBoesing ram adapters but for now I was hoping to just use what I have on hand.

Son received the guitar for xmas, its an Ibanez Gio and belonged to one of the members of 8 foot sativa, after getting it we had to do a full rewire on it as there were a few minor issues. the pickups are super sensitive and as a result he was having what seemed to be a grounding issue. interestingly using the teensy inline has reduced the hum a considerable amount.

Teensy

I don't suppose you have any of the teensy 3.2s?

I unfortunately blew up mine this morning and have a presentation due Tuesday 😞

I'm panicking a bit to get one over labour weekend.

Don't suppose you live Auckland/Hamilton/Tauranga and want to save the bacon of an idiot that cooked his chip?

I know this is a bit of a long shot

Thanks Chris

Thanks for that. I did not realise that it was only limited to the DelayEXT.

This may be a silly question. I am waiting for my audio board to turn up. Shipping to NZ this time of year is real slow.

In the interim I have been using the teensy 3.2 to create a few effects, its destined to end up being used as a guitar effects pedal for my son. Totally love some of the features and how easy it is to build filters etc.

I have added an SD card adapter I had kicking around form another project, as usual i often order a spare just in case i let the magic smoke out of the first one :p

Anyway, I also happen to have a few 23LC1024 on hand so added one of these to the breadboard in the hope of being able to extend delay and mess around with the chorus however I am not sure if the library just uses these when one is available of if you have to initialize them? Eventually I may end up adding one of FrankBoesing ram adapters but for now I was hoping to just use what I have on hand.

Son received the guitar for xmas, its an Ibanez Gio and belonged to one of the members of 8 foot sativa, after getting it we had to do a full rewire on it as there were a few minor issues. the pickups are super sensitive and as a result he was having what seemed to be a grounding issue. interestingly using the teensy inline has reduced the hum a considerable amount.

I don't suppose you have any of the teensy 3.2s?

I unfortunately blew up mine this morning and have a presentation due Tuesday 😞

I'm panicking a bit to get one over labour weekend.

Don't suppose you live Auckland/Hamilton/Tauranga and want to save the bacon of an idiot that cooked his chip?

I know this is a bit of a long shot

Thanks Chris

Sadly the last one I had I let the majic smoke out of. The only other ones i have is in my sons guitar effects box. That has been soldered on to a DAC and an expansion board.
Yea im based on Auckland

Thanks for that, I really appreciate the response, I thought it might be a bit of a long shot. Ill leave your sons project alone but again thank you for the offer.

I have a 3.2 you can borrow

Chris,

I live in Wellsford (north of Auckland).
I have a working 3.2 I use on a test bed for a project I've (mostly) finished so I only use it intermittently.
Let me know if you still need one and we can figure out how to get it to you.
Roger

Thanks so much everyone for all the responses, really great to see how much support is out there. I had a supplier offer to put one in his letter box for me so I'm off up to Auckland. Big thanks to mindkits for saving the day. 😊

Hi guys, not to hijack this thread, but im looking for a like minded person based in NZ that i might be able to pick the brains of in the programming of a Teensy 4.0 for a Sim Racing Wheel. I have much more detail but will send if someone is willing to point a newbie in the right direction.
TIA

Back