Teensy 4.1 and DAC PCM5102a.

Baloran

Good evening to all

I'm working on the superb teensy 4.1 with a DAC PCM5102a. Everything is going very well.
I must be dreaming, I modified in the core/teensy4/AudioStream.h file the value of AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE_EXACT to 88200.0f
I have the impression that everything is working as I want it to. It seems too simple ;)
A priori, the DAC is driven by the clocks configured in output_i2s.h and takes AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE_EXACT into account.
Am I making a big mistake?

Best regards

Hi Baloran,

could you please post a qick diagram on how you conected the pcm5102 to the teensy? have one here too, but a project designed on a teensy 3.5 with few pins left, so would be nice, if i could think about it, before resoldering. pics would also be nice. thx.

Hi Baloran, could you please post a qick diagram on how you conected the pcm5102 to the teensy? have one here too, but a project designed on a teensy 3.5 with few pins left, so would be nice, if i could think about it, before resoldering. pics would also be nice. thx.

Hi vehtoh,

PCM5102X -> TEENSY 4.1
(TSSOP20)

LRCK (15) -> (20/A6) LRCLK1
DIN (14) -> (7/RX2) OUT1A
BCK (13) -> (21/A7) BCLK1
SCK (12) -> GND

and other pins conform to Typical Applications of the Texas Datasheet.

Works well with AudioOutputI2S (use at 88200 on project).

Regards

thx. unfourtnatly the A* pins are already in use. have to think about it. maybe i will give it a try. thank you already

Back