Jetson Nano Teensyduino 1.48 install fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

slomobile

It was working with Arduino 1.8.9 and Teensyduino 1.47.
Now Arduino 1.8.10 with Teensyduino 1.48 install is broken on fresh Jetson Nano dev kit SD image https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack#install

arduino-1.8.10-linuxaarch64.tar.xz installs and works using https://www.jetsonhacks.com/2019/10/04/install-arduino-ide-on-jetson-dev-kit/
Install script from arduino.cc fails to install launcher.
Code:
slo@sloNano:~/Downloads$ ls
arduino-1.8.10-linuxaarch64.tar.xz  TeensyduinoInstall.linuxaarch64
slo@sloNano:~/Downloads$ ./TeensyduinoInstall.linuxaarch64
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Actually, TD 1.48 Beta 1 works as well. It is just the 1.48 release version that fails.

Please ignore "Install script from arduino.cc fails to install launcher." Because I wanted to test it on a fresh Ubuntu install, I forgot that I hadn't yet changed Nautilus preferences to run scripts on click.

This is a still a problem with the latest releases. One thing to note is the JetsonHacks installer defaults to 1.8.10, but you can update the install script to install a supported version. This doesn't help with the Teensyduino install however.

The TD 1.48 Beta 1 is no longer available on the forum. Is there a different repository for older build versions?

I also attempted to build it from source as instructed here however, the ant run fails with the following output:

Code:
generate-hourly-build-txt:

start:

linuxaarch64-start:
     [exec] Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: 
     [exec] Set log4j store directory /home/david/.arduino15
     [exec] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no splashscreen in java.library.path: [/playpen/Arduino-1.8.12-Teensyduino/build/linux/work/lib, /usr/java/packages/lib, /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/jni, /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu, /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu, /usr/lib/jni, /lib, /usr/lib]
     [exec] 	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2660)
     [exec] 	at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:829)
     [exec] 	at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1870)
     [exec] 	at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen$1.run(SplashScreen.java:134)
     [exec] 	at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen$1.run(SplashScreen.java:132)
     [exec] 	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     [exec] 	at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen.getSplashScreen(SplashScreen.java:131)
     [exec] 	at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:241)
     [exec] 	at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:150)

BUILD FAILED
/playpen/Arduino-1.8.12-Teensyduino/build/build.xml:140: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/playpen/Arduino-1.8.12-Teensyduino/build/build.xml:144: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/playpen/Arduino-1.8.12-Teensyduino/build/build.xml:837: exec returned: 255

Total time: 59 seconds

Not sure what the return code of 255 is, but it might be related to the amount of memory. Possibly might have more success building on a different machine, but I don't have one handy.

I tried both the release and the current beta, neither worked. Last reported working version was 1.48 beta 1 which is why I am looking for it.

I tried both the release and the current beta, neither worked. Last reported working version was 1.48 beta 1 which is why I am looking for it.

Make sure to post link to here or notes on the 1.52 thread so it can be addressed before release with any updates to current behavior.

Perhaps Paul could repost the needed installer from that version in the meantime if he archives all those interim builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back