USB combination with Serial1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans

New on this forum but already a happy teensy user.
I'm looking for a solution to use usb and serial1 communication with only the usb cable. This is to switch easily between devices, other teensy with xbee, Android or pc. I've came to a solution to use a usb3 cable and connect tx/rx to the high-speed wiring from the usb3 and use the rest as standard (D+ D-). On the second teensy same connection, so no problem. I'm wondering if connecting to, let say, a pc usb3 port would be harmful for either teensy or pc (for this device the communication goes through D+ D-)? Thanks in advance for the support.

Connecting non-USB signals to those pins is asking for trouble. At the very least, maybe put some resistors in series to limit the current.

Connecting non-USB signals to those pins is asking for trouble. At the very least, maybe put some resistors in series to limit the current.

Paul, thanks for the reply. Although it had some benefits for me, I guess that it isn't a really good solution. I've decided to go for a UTP cable from my device to the other teensy. Or plug it in a computer with a adapter plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back