interfacing sd card and 2x16 lcd to teensy 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir i took help from a friend of mine, who i believed was good in electronics,for this LCD connection...But he said I wont be able to interface both SD card and this LCD together on teensy 2.0.
This is because LCD will be using 9 pins and SD card will use 5 pins..Is that true??
Can you please tell me which pin to connect where?
I'm sorry I'm sounding very demanding here...But you people are the only ones who i can ask help for that will work.
All 20 pins on teensy are not for input connections i suppose..
This is a full confusing thing for me as I'm not a electronics student.
So please let me know which pin to connect where on the teensy 2.0

Get this LCD. It requires only 6 signals, which can be any 6 digital pins.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/181

The SD card requires 4 specific digital pins. Teensy 2.0 has 25 digital pins, so plenty of pins are left unused if you need to connect more devices.

yes i'll try to make on m own keeping this conversion in mind. If that doesn't work I'll orer one with pjrc.
any other measures I should keep while building this adapter??? and do you think its easy building up?

Be careful to properly convert 5 to 3.3 volts. The PJRC adaptor does this for you, using a MCP1700-3.3 voltage regulator and 74LCX125 buffer chip. The schematic is published here:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/sd_adaptor.html

If you apply 5 volts directly to a SD card, you'll almost certainly damage the card. SD cards run on 3.3 volts.

That display will work. It uses 6 signals, not 9. But even if it used 9, there are still plenty because Teensy 2.0 has 25.

Buy that LCD now, so you have time to use it. Do not make the common student project error of delaying until it's too late!

Read this page for connection info.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_LiquidCrystal.html

Also, read Adafruit's tutorials regarding that display.

I am willing to help you, but you really must learn to read these tutorials and manage make at least some progress on your own. I can not help at the level of telling you exactly how to do each individual step. I can only answer so many questions without you demonstrating any progress. You're about to reach my limit. You must attempt to make progress.

Please, try to move forward. Rather than asking for help on every minor thing, try to do it yourself and save the asking of questions for when you truly get stuck. Please, when you ask another question, post some photos or details of what you have actually done to move forward. Do not keep asking for hand-holding on every tiny step, without showing you are at least making a good faith effort to do your student project!

read fron sd card

That display will work. It uses 6 signals, not 9. But even if it used 9, there are still plenty because Teensy 2.0 has 25.

Buy that LCD now, so you have time to use it. Do not make the common student project error of delaying until it's too late!

Read this page for connection info.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_LiquidCrystal.html

Also, read Adafruit's tutorials regarding that display.

I am willing to help you, but you really must learn to read these tutorials and manage make at least some progress on your own. I can not help at the level of telling you exactly how to do each individual step. I can only answer so many questions without you demonstrating any progress. You're about to reach my limit. You must attempt to make progress.

Please, try to move forward. Rather than asking for help on every minor thing, try to do it yourself and save the asking of questions for when you truly get stuck. Please, when you ask another question, post some photos or details of what you have actually done to move forward. Do not keep asking for hand-holding on every tiny step, without showing you are at least making a good faith effort to do your student project!

Hello Sir...

i am done with the hardware setup.
please help me at this stage now.
i have my main code saved on sd card and want to run it as soon as i plug teensy to my computer.
how do i program using arduino so that it directly picks up the code on sd card and start executing.

please help me at this stage now.
i have my main code saved on sd card and want to run it as soon as i plug teensy to my computer.
how do i program using arduino so that it directly picks up the code on sd card and start executing.

You'll probably use Keyboard.print() or other Keyboard functions to send commands to your computer to cause it to run the program.

Adrian "Irongeek" Crenshaw (edit: typo corrected) has published a couple articles, and even a library, about how to do these sorts of things. Maybe his website might help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back