Has anybody used a WTV020-SD-16 (sound chip) with the Teensy 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I know Paul said he was going to working on the audio libraries in a bit, but I wanted to add some sounds to my Christmas camera build right now, so I bought a WTV020-SD-16 sound chip on ebay, and will get delivery in a few days. I wanted to know if anybody had used this on the Teensy 3.0? Over on the Arduino board, one guy posted a library for it, and it is a simple program (though eventually I would probably rewrite it to use blink without delay techniques or use standard SPI libraries). Here is the URL of the item I bought on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221152563949?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

In case you are curious, I want to put the camera inside of a fake snowman, put a face on it to look like the Burl Ives snowman in the old Rudolph the Reindeer cartoon from the 70's and play a clip of Burl signing when I shoot off the camera -- ideally wiring up the lever in a nutcracker ornament/doll to be the shutter release.
:cool:

I did a Google search on WTV020-SD-16 and here is an Arduino link and code.

How you can tell if it will work with the ARM coded Teensy 3.0 (at least with the custom Libraries and maybe headers: #include <Wtv020sd16p.h>) is to place the code in the Arduino IDE and click on the VERIFY button to see if any errors come back. If no errors, it should work. You may have to change around the pins but for the most part, VERIFY will tell you.

Tim

I did a Google search on WTV020-SD-16 and here is an Arduino link and code.

How you can tell if it will work with the ARM coded Teensy 3.0 (at least with the custom Libraries and maybe headers: #include <Wtv020sd16p.h>) is to place the code in the Arduino IDE and click on the VERIFY button to see if any errors come back. If no errors, it should work. You may have to change around the pins but for the most part, VERIFY will tell you.

Tim
The library that I mentioned in the first post is a fairly simple program that basically is doing the equivalent of SPI writes (without using a SPI library) to the device, so it should compile fine on the Teensy. It uses pinMode, digitalWrite, digitalRead, delayMicroseconds, and delay. As I said, eventually, I want to remove the delays and go to a 'blink without delay method'. I was trying to find out if anybody had actually connected the device to the Teensy 3.0, since sometimes interesting things happen that aren't mentioned in the spec sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back