embedXcode: Teensy 3.0 on Xcode

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the embedXcode website, I see "PJRC Teensy boards with Freescale ARM Cortex-M4 MK20". Does that mean that there is no support for the newer Teensys, 3.5, 3.6 and LC? I'd like to give embedXcode a try, but if it's limited to the T3.2, it's rather useless for me.

The embedXcode User Manual is now available as a dedicated website.

capture-2017-10-04-17-37-53_orig.png

Please find a new major release of embedXcode.

• embedXcode • 25 Sep 2018 release 10.0.6 • Added IDE path to board configuration files
  • embedXcode+ • 25 Sep 2018 release 10.0.6 • Added IDE path to board configuration files

embedXcode now supports Xcode 10 on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Download

Confused about this...

Installed both IDE's, EmbedX shows as a template inside Xcode. Upon creating a new project, the 'resources' folder is RED. I build using ALL > My Mac, it builds successfully however all the text is gray and there is no code sense.

I test with a simple blink code, upload and it works, however no sign of code sense and the text is still gray.

I create a new header file, and all the colors and code sense works there.... just not in the .ino file (which is not the typical Arduino green ino file, its just a plain C++ file)

What am I missing?
Please help

I conducted some building and linking tests against the Teensy 4.0 with embedXcode and all went successful.

I hope to get one board soon to finalise the uploading and running tests.

I managed to get a Teensy 4.0 board and proceeded with more tests. Uploading and running work fine, and very fast!

So soon-to-be-released version 11 of embedXcode supports Teensy 4.0.

The software cannot use the correct sketch location

Dear Avenue33,

I'm experiencing an issue which is driving me crazy. :mad: I am willing to donate and download the more complete version, but as soon as I realize that the software does all that I need on my project (I hope so).

The main problem seems to be that my sketch location (~/Arduino/libraries) is not being used by the software, instead it is using a core one (~/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.6.3/libraries), as a result, I cannot include the "BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h", which is part of the Blynk Library. I've tried to change the parameter of SKETCHBOOK_DIR to ~/Arduino/libraries and even the full path's location, but It didn't work too.
Also, the folder structure of the Blynk library is a little confusing, so I don't know if it will happen to work. The name of the folder is "Blynk", but in the sub-folder "src" is where the "BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h" file is located, and it also "includes" many other files. But let's try to solve the first issue at all.

I hope you may provide me some help. Tks. ☺️

Which board are you using: a Teensy board or an ESP8226?

(This post might be off-topic if the board is an ESP8226.)

For the libraries, please refer to List the libraries on the main Makefile.

• ~/Arduino/libraries: user's libraries, variable USER_LIBS_LIST on the main Makefile.
  • ~/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.6.3/libraries: application libraries, variable APP_LIBS_LIST on the main Makefile.

For more in-depth support, please consider opening a ticket at the Help Desk.

I have just purchased embedXcode+ for developing my Teensy projects... seems very cool so far. Thanks for the great work.

Is there a way to make it work with Teensy 4.1? It has an identical chip to Teensy 4.0 but Xcode is telling the Teensy loader app that the board is Teensy 4.0 instead of 4.1 which causes it to refuse the upload then quit. I would think it would require almost no changes to make it work with Teensy 4.1?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Actually never mind, I got it to work by copying the Teensy 4.0 configuration file into a new one for Teensy 4.1 and just changing all the names from Teensy40 or Teensy 4.0 to Teensy41 or Teensy 4.1. It's working perfectly.

Cheers!

@lrtjosh Sorry for the late answer.

Release 11.9.5 published 24 Jul 2020 adds support for the Teensy 4.1.

I recommend using the Help Desk for reporting and solving issues.

When I started developing embedXcode in 2010 and decided to share it in 2012, I’ve never imagined that it would be still active so many years later.

AlmostTenYears.png

Because of the multiple challenges embedXcode faces today, the adventure is coming to an end.

embedXcode does not plan to support macOS 11 Big Sur and Xcode 12 but will focus instead on long-term support for macOS 10.15 Catalina and Xcode 11.

To replace embedXcode, I recommend

I want to thank all the users who enjoyed embedXcode and supported the project by making donations and reporting issues, allowing to reach a high level of stability.

I’ve migrated to Debian with Gnome desktop and I am using Visual Studio Code as IDE. As an additional bonus, all the technologies and tools I’ve developed for embedXcode run fine after minor adaptations.

Some of the limitations I mentioned 4 years ago are still there but nothing critical. The new solution is fast and responsive, and I really enjoy the integrated debugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back